What are the odds?

I had to post this 'cause I still can't believe it. Today I went out in Vancouver harbour, dropped 2 crab traps and trolled for salmon for 2 hours. I pulled up my first trap and it was loaded with 12 legal size crabs, but can you believe that 11 of them were female! My second trap had 2 legal males so I enjoyed a great crab salad for dinner. I still can't get over the 11 females in one set though.

Hey, that's really weird. Where exactly was that? ;)

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

quote:Originally posted by bigredsnapper

Wow sure would like to be the only male in that trap:)

I am not sure I would. I've been in a room with one angry female. Be da**ed if i would want to be trapped with 11!![B)]

www.kayaks2.com

quote:Originally posted by islandboy

I am not sure I would. I've been in a room with one angry female. Be da**ed if i would want to be trapped with 11!![B)]

www.kayaks2.com

No doubt, tear you apart like a pack of Hyenas. I live with three women, is enough right there. Pack mentality, and sometimes I'm the prey. [B)]

quote:Originally posted by islandboy

www.kayaks2.com

No doubt, tear you apart like a pack of Hyenas. I live with three women, is enough right there. Pack mentality, and sometimes I'm the prey. [B)]

I had a similar experience here in Victoria.Many large females, several with barnacles, and a few undersizes males.I attribute it to the area being previously fished by commercial crabbers.

Back