Wash down pump stumper. HELP! :)

I would just assume its a rotten wire issue...wire is cheap..buy a new ground wire and use the old one to pull the new one to the ground bus. If your problem isn't resolved you eliminated the ground side and it is good for years now.
I think you’re right. Will report back.
Wow,its wash down pump day for me to, stopped working yesterday in Bamfield, doing what others suggested, cleaning/ checking ground
Pump is 2yrs old so dont think its faulty,
boats, fun fun fun
pressure switch.

bypass and see if it works. $25 for a new switch, vs $200 for the pump

oh, and then there is the wiring CRAP.

hb

Pressure switch it was, removed and sprayed/worked some "Plid" into it, now working perfectly
Every boater should have a can of that stuff!!
Where is the pressure switch located? What does it look like?

Easy to fix, they sell replacement on amazon, depending what brand you have. If you pump is humming but not pumping it’s probably not the pressure switch, make sure your intake does not have crap in it, summer growth from boat siting can plug it up, or a clump of kelp

Did you get yours going ?
Nope.

our chinook opens this Friday, and I need the boat in the water. My trailer brakes didn’t work when I got it. Corroded power wire. Replaced that and 4 of the 6 calipers seized with awesome smoke.

have parts on order.

I will hire the wiring out in the winter. The access is too tight and painful. Will use wash down bucket this short season.

Nope.

our chinook opens this Friday, and I need the boat in the water. My trailer brakes didn’t work when I got it. Corroded power wire. Replaced that and 4 of the 6 calipers seized with awesome smoke.

have parts on order.

I will hire the wiring out in the winter. The access is too tight and painful. Will use wash down bucket this short season.
Lol, buckets never fails, i have 3 pumps in my boat, 2 macerator and the wash down , and they don’t like sitting, I run them all the time for no reason just to get them moving, clean healthy wires is a must to keep them alive

Lol, buckets never fails, i have 3 pumps in my boat, 2 macerator and the wash down , and they don’t like sitting, I run them all the time for no reason just to get them moving, clean healthy wires is a must to keep them alive
I have one of those collapsible buckets on board, dollar store, came in handy Friday morning

What @barkerfam posted.
1 Phillips screw takes the cover off, pull 2 (power)wires off, and 2 more Phillips screws will remove the switch.
Very easy to replace if needed, or when removed, spray some dielectric spray in and work switch in/out,
I tested on bench and got lucky as mine wasn't very old.

Back