Wanted to buy - boat compression seat

Jeff

I'm looking to buy a used suspension kit for my boat seat. Something that will smooth out the ride in rougher water.

Attachments

• IMG_6223.JPG
    IMG_6223.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 38
I put Smooth Moves Ultras in my boat this season. Lovin' them! Good for up to 300 lb person. Height and weight adjustable, and the swivel. Awesome product.

I install both seats in 20 minutes. if you've already got pedestals, then you're set. There was ZERO drilling, ZERO cutting, and ZERO hassle. I pulled the existing seats off the existing pedestals, then removed the slider/swivel off the bottom of the factory seats. The Smooth Moves seats come with a slider and swivel, so you don't need the one that is bolted to the seats. To the bottom of the seat (where the slider was) I bolted the mounting plate that comes with the Smooth Moves using the holes where the slider attached. I then removed the 6 screws that held each of the pedestals to the boat floor and pulled them off. using the same screws and same holes, I mounted the short pedestals that come with the Smooth Moves to the boat floor. I then dropped the suspension modules onto the short pedestals and bolted the mounting plate on the bottom of each seat to the integrated slider on the suspension modules. Slide the seat forward and loosely tighten the rear bolts of the slider, then slide the seat backwards to loosely tighten the front. A couple of slides forward and backward orient the slider so it works smoothly. Then tighten the bolts full up and you're done.

It probably took me longer to type this up. Arg.

If you're in Victoria, Trotac can get you the seats in a few days.

I install both seats in 20 minutes. if you've already got pedestals, then you're set. There was ZERO drilling, ZERO cutting, and ZERO hassle. I pulled the existing seats off the existing pedestals, then removed the slider/swivel off the bottom of the factory seats. The Smooth Moves seats come with a slider and swivel, so you don't need the one that is bolted to the seats. To the bottom of the seat (where the slider was) I bolted the mounting plate that comes with the Smooth Moves using the holes where the slider attached. I then removed the 6 screws that held each of the pedestals to the boat floor and pulled them off. using the same screws and same holes, I mounted the short pedestals that come with the Smooth Moves to the boat floor. I then dropped the suspension modules onto the short pedestals and bolted the mounting plate on the bottom of each seat to the integrated slider on the suspension modules. Slide the seat forward and loosely tighten the rear bolts of the slider, then slide the seat backwards to loosely tighten the front. A couple of slides forward and backward orient the slider so it works smoothly. Then tighten the bolts full up and you're done.

It probably took me longer to type this up. Arg.

If you're in Victoria, Trotac can get you the seats in a few days.

Oh man, this is great Franko! This helps a ton! Thank you so much for taking the time to e-mail me the details. It's not the cheapest purchase out there so this really helps. I'll give Trotac a call.
See you on the water.

Jeff

Back