Wanted: Replacement Cushion or Repair Existing One

Adler

Hi, I'm looking to replace or repair an existing marine cushion on my boat - pictures are attached. It's a simple 14"x18"x2.5" cushion, more or less square, that's long ago torn and lost much of its foam. Have checked with local dealers (in Greater Victoria area) and not found anything like it, even in the catalogs. It has a wood base built in, probably 1/2 inch, that we have then screwed (from the bottom up) onto a wooden plank, on which our second seat is also located. If anyone has any advice in terms of where I could find a replacement or who can repair it (at a reasonable rate), please send them my way! Thanks. Offers to repair can also be sent by PM if you prefer! Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I'm looking to replace or repair an existing marine cushion on my boat - pictures are attached. It's a simple 14"x18"x2.5" cushion, more or less square, that's long ago torn and lost much of its foam. Have checked with local dealers (in Greater Victoria area) and not found anything like it, even in the catalogs. It has a wood base built in, probably 1/2 inch, that we have then screwed (from the bottom up) onto a wooden plank, on which our second seat is also located. If anyone has any advice in terms of where I could find a replacement or who can repair it (at a reasonable rate), please send them my way! Thanks. Offers to repair can also be sent by PM if you prefer! Thanks.

Adler maybe take into styles in Victoria...They do great canvas work and think they do cushions as well.

UQD and SV - this was an old post from the spring of 2013, but thanks for the ideas. I ended up getting a new cushion built at a reasonable price (can't remember exact cost, I think it was $60) at McGeachie's Foam & Upholstery in Langford, with a good marine vinyl on 2" foam and solid marine plywood base (I provided the plywood). It's stood the test of the last 2 seasons and still looks like new. I'll see if I can get a picture of the new cushion up, it's pretty basic. I thought I had posted an original picture of the terrible looking, torn seat before - perhaps not.

Back