Wanted: prop guard for ht9.9

RogersonCrusoe

As the title implies. Looking for a prop guard for a yam high thrust 9.9

Anyone in the Victoria area have one kicking around they don't use/need?

Thanks

I’m putting one on too...

other than keep line from getting cut and protecting the prop from the odd ding, are there any performance benefits to these? One issue I have (which may just be positioning setting issue) is turning left...I always need to goose the throttle to push the butt end around.

I’m putting one on too...

other than keep line from getting cut and protecting the prop from the odd ding, are there any performance benefits to these? One issue I have (which may just be positioning setting issue) is turning left...I always need to goose the throttle to push the butt end around.
Having a prop guard close to your propeller can give it some extra thrust too as it channels the pressure coming off the prop. The technical term is Kort Nozzle.
If the kicker is on the starboard side, like mine is, then turning starboard is harder, so more juice is required as it's off centre thrust. Turning port is a breeze.

Having a prop guard close to your propeller can give it some extra thrust too as it channels the pressure coming off the prop. The technical term is Kort Nozzle.
If the kicker is on the starboard side, like mine is, then turning starboard is harder, so more juice is required as it's off centre thrust. Turning port is a breeze.

Yea ok, hopefully the extra thrust helps a bit too. my kicker is port side...same same but opposite!

Back