wanted: pilothouse sportfisher

ryanb

I've been looking hard but not finding what I want.

Must haves:
-sleeping for 2 adults and 2 children.
-enclosed head
-galley
-dinette

Prefer aluminum, but open to glass. Prefer outboard but open to inboard. Prefer low hours but open to high hours and a repower.

Let me know if you have something of know of something.
Budget is sizeable but not interested in new builds unless I can't find a good used boat.

This is my listing: http://www.usedvictoria.com/classif...nd-Bridge----CruisingFishing-package_22260312

Has everything you've listed -- 28ft, low hours, complete new outdrive in 2011 (Bravo III Seacore) -- all service work completely done (new impeller, oil/filters (main and kicker), leg oils (main and kicker), new bellows. Dedicated sleeping for 4 (huge king V-berth plus double quarter berth) plus sleep 1-2 more on dinette. Great boat -- cruises at 22-25kts and can hit 32kts wide open. Excellent platform for fishing -- remote steering and kicker control from fishing deck -- plotter/sounder/radar in the cockpit for fishing along with a redundant VHF. Boat is trailerable, but I don't have a trailer. I have customized it to do double duty as a family cruiser and excellent comfortable fishing platform.

Nothing wrong with it, we've just decided to step up to larger as we have some plans for long term cruising up to Alaska and around the island. Plus......it's very fishy. It's here in Victoria for 2 more weeks, and then we're taking it for 6 weeks to Bamfield (and will pull the listing down) as the docks at our marina are coming out for a rebuild so we have to leave...

Give me a call or drop me an email.

There aren't many options out there that meet all these criteria (believe me, I looked hard). Pilothouse, 28ft with dedicated sleeping for 4 and a platform to fish for under $100K. With most boats there is a compromise with something -- if you plan overnights with kids, I would absolutely suggest you look for something with 2 berths, and the galley/seating above the waterline or you will be shopping for another boat within a year (been there, owned that). Boats I saw --

Striper 2901 Pilothouse (nice, all galley and sleeping below deck -- wife hates that),
SeaSport (no second berth in most models -- so kids sleep on dinette (gets old fast)
Commander (no second berth)
Camano (no second berth)
Striper 2600 Sport Cabin (owned one, great fishing boat -- head and quarter berth were too small)

Last edited by a moderator:
buy my sea ray enough room to fish and lots of room for the comforts. It is a 34' with twin diesels, pics in the classifieds here asking $29K

You guys are great help. That lifetimer is great, too bad is just south of the border in Minnesota...still worth investigating.

Used boat shopping is a bit of a frustrating exercise. To many different sites with listings.

there are a number few used seasports on the Islandsmarine.com, Lopez Island Washington St. Very nice operation.

it had taken me three years to settle on and find what i wanted in a reasonable price range... good luck, be patient.. yes its frustrating.

Back