Wanted Micron CSC green 5581

It's still on Steveston Marine's website if you can't find any, maybe give them a call.

Black red or blue....that is all
I know :(. The Coaster has from 2003 the 5581 green CSC. Just need to touch up the waterline. Didn't have enough. Trying my best not to have to go to black, but I guess have to do what you have to do sometimes.

Guess she's getting a 2 tone 🤣

I've got a huge project atm on the venture so this little beauty might be getting the 2 tone bottom.

Looks like it's still available stateside.
I ship to seawings at vic airport via their blaine warehouse then pickup from there. What's your location? Any hurry?depends if you're willing to pay retail....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230404-200431_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230404-200431_Chrome.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Looks like it's still available stateside.
I ship to seawings at vic airport via their blaine warehouse then pickup from there. What's your location? Any hurry?
I'm in Van or Delta area usually. The boat is on the hard atm so time is a little bit crucial. It can live on the trailer for a bit. I can make things work if there was an opportunity on green paint that would last me a couple years. If I'm goi g to run out then I may as well just bite the bullet and paint it black. Not nice lol

Speaking of, apparently csc-ca is the go to for outdrives now that trilux is toast in Canada? After all these years don't uses csc on drives
...you guys hearing the same? I read the csc-ca tech sheet and it clearly says with proper barrier coat, giver. I guess we will see...

Speaking of, apparently csc-ca is the go to for outdrives now that trilux is toast in Canada? After all these years don't uses csc on drives
...you guys hearing the same? I read the csc-ca tech sheet and it clearly says with proper barrier coat, giver. I guess we will see...

So I talked to the best paint guy I know, when I was on the search today. I asked him how he's holding up with the fact of the changes to Canadian approved materials was going for him, especially on the trilux portion.. he said that he's doing 6 coats of interprotect with a border and then apply the CSC. He said the end product is better. It is more expensive though

Ya that's basically what the materials dec sheet says. Its going on the outdrive regardless I guess we will see how it holds up or eats it alive.

Ya that's basically what the materials dec sheet says. Its going on the outdrive regardless I guess we will see how it holds up or eats it alive.
...or, as many do, use Penanten. It works!

I would assume what's going to suck for guys down the road is that most of the time people apply 2 coats of interprotect on drives. Then trilux. So assuming here that if you want to re-do that with csc, you'll have to completely take off the trilux to add more layers of interprotect. Maybe you can get away with less, however what a way to make a mess of a situation.

Apparently the local csc rep said in a case like mine where the drive has had barrier coats to set up trilux and then 5 years of trilux, you can just scuff and add 2 coats of csc-ca. But you're 100% correct not the same at all as trilux. We used go make volvo grey by mixing white and black trilux but no longer. Black,red or blue.

Anyway see how it goes by fall for haul out. If I have to strip it off or whatever we will.

Apparently the local csc rep said in a case like mine where the drive has had barrier coats to set up trilux and then 5 years of trilux, you can just scuff and add 2 coats of csc-ca. But you're 100% correct not the same at all as trilux. We used go make volvo grey by mixing white and black trilux but no longer. Black,red or blue.

Anyway see how it goes by fall for haul out. If I have to strip it off or whatever we will.

Problem is, that trilux wasn't very nice paint to start with. Goes on goopy, and doesn't work nearly as good as the original CSC. That being said the adhesion ontop of trilux won't be a thing of beauty. Yes it will work however I think it's going to end up with a mess in the end. Multiple layers of this and that, doesn't sound nice

It's level now, in preparation for the csc-ca and ya, wasn't a fun event. Anyway I'm fine to be the test mule for everyone else, will take pics once it has been applied, and again on the next haul out.

Having said all this, we may have enough black trilux for one last go at it.

Just an FYI. Interlux has a mail in rebate for $25 off per gallon of Micron CSC.
Micron CSC in green,in gallons, is available at LSF Marine in Bellingham. Not cheap but the gas in the neighborhood is... Meridian Ave. Bellis fair.
Best to phone and double check it's in stock. It's my colour as well. Also in quarts.

It's level now, in preparation for the csc-ca and ya, wasn't a fun event. Anyway I'm fine to be the test mule for everyone else, will take pics once it has been applied, and again on the next haul out.

Having said all this, we may have enough black trilux for one last go at it.
Yeah we need a test mule, amigo!

Back