Wanted - Kicker Stand

Rockfish

Wanted - Kicker stand for a Yami 9.9 long shaft. Homemade is ok as long as it is well built and stable. Wheels would be preferred but not essential. If anyone has one they no longer need please send me a private message. I am in the Victoria area.

Can't be that hard to build one no? If you find a design you like, I could build one for you. My labour is fair. :)

Yes Dave is the man for the job; professional, meticulous and reasonable rates...

I have 3 gas & 1 electic in my garage right now.Just went down to hardware store & got those foldable
sawhorse legs and some 2x4's--can make it as long & high as required.When you don't need it folds flat.Have used
mine for yr.s now.Only had to lengthen it once to fit the extra motor from new boat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wanted - Kicker stand for a Yami 9.9 long shaft. Homemade is ok as long as it is well built and stable. Wheels would be preferred but not essential. If anyone has one they no longer need please send me a private message. I am in the Victoria area.

This is what I have: $50
Rock solid on wheels

stand1.jpg

stand2.jpg

I just bought an automotive engine stand from Canadian Tire on sale for $50 and mounted a 2x12 about 14" long to it and works great and is on wheels to roll around easily. This would hold any outboard I would think given its rated for auto engines.

Thanks guys. Some great ideas here, especially for making stands. For anyone with a garage or a shop and potentially working on all sizes of motors the auto engine stand modification sounds like a great idea.

Right now I would just prefer to buy a smaller one for the Yammi long shaft 9.9. I did see one for sale that someone made up by modifying a smaller vertical steel moving dolly a few years back. I should have bought it as it was a very good price with large wheels for moving it around.

Still looking for one and if anyone has one for sale, send me a Private Message with your phone number. I am in the Victoria area but have friends who could possibly bring one down from up island.

I would be willing to sell my dolly style motor stand if that's the style you're looking for Rockfish. Will send you a pm with details.

Rockfish, your inbox is full.........so this is what I was sending......

Hi Rick.

I have a furniture moving truck dolly (uhaul one) that I have added a wood support for moving and supporting my yamaha f8. I'd be will to let it go for $50 as I plan on just leaving the kicker on year round now. $50 and I could drop off at your place if needed. Will get you a photo if you want.

Cheers,
Dave

Back