wanted boat launch wheels

sss

Not sure if that is what they are called but... I am looking for the wheels that mount on the transom of tinny so you can wheel it down the beach without scraping the bottom. Once your in the water, they flip up or pop right out. I looked on-line and they are pricey. Hoping someone has a set laying around they wouldn't mind parting with for a fair price.

They are easy to make. I bought some aluminum channel stock and some aluminum square tubing that fits inside of the channels. Mount the channel on each side of the transom and put some bolts through the square tubing and channel. When you get down to the lake, pull the bolts out and toss the wheels in the boat. I used four old lawnmower wheels, but you could get wheelbarrow tires at Crap Tire. I was just too cheap.

Dave

They are easy to make. I bought some aluminum channel stock and some aluminum square tubing that fits inside of the channels. Mount the channel on each side of the transom and put some bolts through the square tubing and channel. When you get down to the lake, pull the bolts out and toss the wheels in the boat. I used four old lawnmower wheels, but you could get wheelbarrow tires at Crap Tire. I was just too cheap.

Dave

I did pretty much the same thing. I even added a small pulpit with a hole in it to the front of the boat. I then made up a new drawbar with a steel rod on it that fit into the hole. I could tow the boat to a launch location when necessary. Total outlay of a couple of bucks.
Dave

Back