My Last Boat Build

By far the best finish to a build thread!
I want to think was all pure coincidence.
Boat looks big.
Fuel tank is pretty big.
Happy ending when the boat easily accepts double the horsepower
Talk about spring fever!

Heading out to Grant’s Reef with the new 150hp
AmbitiousHappygoluckyChimpanzee-size_restricted.gif

Time to put a final on this build-been a very adventurous and stressful 2 weeks. The boat that Shadowline built was everything I had wanted and more BUT it was underpowered. The new 60 merc was not cutting it and no amount of prop changes or anything else would fix it. Negotiated with Inlet Marine and they bent over backwards to help me out taking my 1 hour 60 hp and getting me a new 115 hp. Problem is I am mid Island and they are in Port Moody-expensive ferry and interesting tow over the Cassiar connector down East Hasting to Port Moody. They looked and said it won't fit!! Talked to Don and said he could make it fit and look pretty!! Hang it and hook it up-needed a longer ignition harness and a few other things- Blew out of Inlet and made the 540 with 10 min to spare. Took it to Don -they are extremely busy-couldn't do it by the weekend but it is back today. Water tested without a speedo-tach only!! WOW!! who knew what double the HP would do!! LOL It is underpropped slightly-17 pitch and 15 diam over revs slightly-hole shot is fabulous good cruise at 4000 rpm-I'll get all the numbers when I get all the gear on it. I am really happy I bit the bullet and changed. Don did a fabulous job of moding the boat!!

Attachments

• DSC01495.JPG
    DSC01495.JPG
    268.2 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC01496.JPG
    DSC01496.JPG
    211.7 KB · Views: 171
Just got one fishing trip in the Shadowline 115hp CC new boat-incredible fishing machine, Wife and I can both jig on the same side--anywhere and the boat is stable. Because of break-in I didn't go beyond 4000rpm but that gave me a very comfortable ride at 29 mph in a slight chop. Good hole shot but the motor has to be trimmed full in or down. Just yesterday I added 50 lbs nose ballast in 2 -25 lb truck tube sausages of sand=to see if that evens it out a bit. The 9.9merc pro kicker with the 4 blade prop was just excellent at backing down on the jig lines and keeping them vertical. The center console control was the real answer-sounder is there-you sit next to the power lever and the line is there and you just move the boat around the line. The boat is amazingly fishy-very happy-long road there but we arrived. I highly recommend Don at Shadowline if you are looking for something custom in aluminum

Back