Wanted 4-5wt fly rod

kunni

Hi, looking for a good condition, relatively high quality 4-5 wt. Can pay cash or have lots of fishing/fly fishing trades.

thanks

kunni

Fenwick Eagle GT 9' 5 wt interest you? Trades would probably work if your interested.......

I have a new Lamiglas Ti2000-9 ft # 5 titanium for sale...new used.... a demo I have has for 6 years......

Fenwick Eagle GT 9' 5 wt interest you? Trades would probably work if your interested.......

Thanks for your reply. I saw you also posted this on Fish Stalkers thread, so if he wants it he can have first dibs. I have fly rods to fish with, so am not desperate to buy. I used to have one of these rod till the car door got it:mad:. Great rods, caught lots of nice fish.

Derby thanks for your reply, I would like that rod, but I wont be abl to get up to Nanoose bay any time soon. Do you every come into victoria?

Kunni

There are some higher end fly rods sitting at the pawn shop in Esquimalt by head street. I think there is a 12ft custom 4 weight there. I can't recall the price, but I think I am the only one who ever looks to buy their fishing gear. Most of the fly rods have been there for a year or two. Check them out then low ball them to move their inventory.

thanks for the tip, I think I will do that

kunni

i've bought a few things at the pawn shops. They are usually prices at full retail as if new. I generally pay half price or less than sticker, tax included. It's just a big garage sale, even if the stuff is brand new/never used. If it is obvious from prior visits/dust on the item, go lower still. It never hurts to ask, and if they see you often they'll appreciate your business even if you lowball them. They usually made some interest payments/lowball pricing off someone on the front end anyway.

I got a decent 6/7 TFO Lefty Kreh flyrod, Grey's reel, spare spool, 2 lines, and a soft tackle bag from Barclays for $60 tax in, and salmon flashers 3 for $10, and a nice Shimano Technium mooching rod from another place for $75.

Hey Kunni You can grab that Fenwick off Dave if youd like. If not I will. I will take you up on your offer on the reel if it will work for me. I will give you pm. I have a large arbor Sage. Not sure it will work with a 5wt. Might need new line to and not looking at a whole package investment right now.

I went and checked out that pawn shop twice as I could see the fishing gear threw the window as I drove by. There prices I found are ridiculous, more then new. They had no wiggle room. Last year I saw some cheap St.Croixs downtown. I had a funny feeling they were hot and felt funny buying so I thought id think on it but then forgot.

bump still looking, it will be a smallie rod, so fighting butt might be nice but difficult to find on a 5-6wt rod

Kunni

found a nice rod, sold I guess

kunni

Back