Wanted 18-21 ft aluminum

That looks like a tank of a boat. Could be sweet with some tlc. Trailer looks a little sketch and small to be pulled from that far away.

Hmm, lease runs out in a month or so, new truck could easily be a 2500 instead of a 1500...

However, whilst that boat seems cheap, divorce is not!

the ocean sports were notorious for splitting welds and pounded like hell, at least the 17-18' did. a couple of the lodges had them, personally I wouldn't go near an ocean sport, I believe they were the old itm"s or vica versa.

the ocean sports were notorious for splitting welds and pounded like hell, at least the 17-18' did. a couple of the lodges had them, personally I wouldn't go near an ocean sport, I believe they were the old itm"s or vica versa.
Not hard or particular expensive to have a welder go over the welds. Friend did that on his Cope which was done up poorly and the end result is great. The beauty of an alloy boat is that everything is fixable:)

the ocean sport (17-18') had not much of a deep v and very little keel and the wind would blow you off course very easily while drift mooching or slow trolling, between that and the flat bottom pounding you take while running they weren't a favorite that's for sure, sure you can weld them but they are still an ocean sport. I doubt Felix would be happy with one of them. st john's fishing lodge and the charlotte explorer used them and there were a few at qcl years ago.

the ocean sport (17-18') had not much of a deep v and very little keel and the wind would blow you off course very easily while drift mooching or slow trolling, between that and the flat bottom pounding you take while running they weren't a favorite that's for sure, sure you can weld them but they are still an ocean sport. I doubt Felix would be happy with one of them. st john's fishing lodge and the charlotte explorer used them and there were a few at qcl years ago.
I agree with you that it is not the best hull but right now alloy boats (and boats in general) as priced at the upper end. Quite the changes in price from even 2-3 years ago.

Back