Waiting for DFO Power Project approval on the Kokish River

And it would sure be nice to see your fellow commercials raise hell. And while you are at it-- start raising #hit about the changes to the Fisheries Act too

Just a side note. I went and read and requested the EA from that but went on to see what other projects the public can be apart of and receiving funding for if appropriate. Would be a good place to keep checking on. But reading some of these project proposals! omg read this one
http://www.ceaa-acee.gc.ca/050/document-eng.cfm?document=53727

The Project is a proposed open- pit gold mine located approximately 70 kilometres northeast of Williams Lake, near the town of Likely, British Columbia (B.C.). The Project will process 40 000 tonnes per day of feed material over 10 years, and the single open pit with a final footprint of 124 hectares will be mined in four phases. The Project includes a waste material storage area near the pit and a subaqueous tailings storage facility. Acid generating and potentially acid generating material will be hauled to the tailings storage facility to be stored subaqueously. The tailings storage facility will cover a total surface area of 320 hectares with an embankment height of 75 metres at the end of mine life. The preparation plant will process approximately 116 metric tonnes of gold ore into gold doré. The gold doré is expected to be transported from the site once per week via armoured vehicles to a precious metals refiner located in either St. Catherines or Ottawa, Ontario.
Typical potential environmental effects of an open-pit mine may include:
airborne emissions (typically particulate matter, including fugitive dust) resulting from road use, construction and operation;
noise generation from mining operations, ore transportation and processing, and heavy machinery use;
surface water quantity and quality impacts from the diversion of watercourses to accommodate the pit and runoff from waste rock management facilities;
direct impacts to watercourses that drain from the tailings storage facility footprint, and indirect impacts from reduced downstream flows;
terrestrial habitat loss or degradation for the lifetime of the mine;
wildlife mortality from roadkill, construction and contaminants, and wildlife disturbance from habitat loss or habitat modification; and
acid rock drainage and metal leaching from waste dumps and the tailings storage facility.

Back