VRO FUEL PUMP

S

saltybeaver

Not a mechanic, nor mechanically inclined, even looked in my Johnson service manual, but it still makes no sense to me...

BUT, if I was leaving for Tahsis on Thursday, I would switch over to running a 50:1 fuel/oil mixture and deal with the VRO pump later. Any remaining 50:1 left in the gas tank after fixing the VRO pump can still be burned later.
If using a 4 stroke kicker grab a portable tank for it.

Also, borrowing from Urchins reply to another motor question, check
http://www.marineengine.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi?pg=topics
Search VRO under Evinrude, (change preset search period from 3 days to 30 or more)
Hope this helps in some small way.

Thanks for the help. It has already been switch .

I might just have to run with the tank on the roof .

Just get a standard OMC feul pump and put it in the VRO 's place bolts right on and mix your own gas I did it years ago on my 100 hp Johnson

Hey Salty try posting your question on iboats.com in the forum section.I have found they are a great help.

Call Kevin in Campbell River @ Seaworhty Marine he has the largest selection of used quality parts or he can help send you in the right direction sorry don't have number just look him up It's big boat motor parts and motors bone yard.

Cheers ME

Thanks for your help guys. My friend did manage to fine the right peace. Put it all together and still does not suck the gas by it self so I don think it is the pump. Changed gas line connectors. Bulb looked good so I left it?

Looks Gas tank is getting strapped to the roof for this trip? Anybody have any bad thoughts about putting it on the roof?

You may want to check with a good mechanic befor you run the tank on the roof. It may need presure from a pump befor it will run properly. Had a buddy that tried it on an aux. tank on his roof, didn't work.
Brokenrod

Thanks MyEscape. Found a used pump last night and runs great.
Thanks for all your help and I'll catch a tyee for everyone of you.
Tight Lines!
Chris

You already have the answers you need for this one, but check out and bookmark Marinengine.com. There is lots of info and workarounds on that site.

James

Oh, and I like the humour in the pictures that there is $20's and $50's under the parts!:D