Vintage 3 hp Johnson

Eden Island

I have a vintage 3 hp Johnson - circa 1960, based on an image search. We used it as a safety on our 16' Skookum, and it got us out of several jams. It hasn't been used for some years, but has been stored indoors. I have no use for it now, and am wondering if anyone collects such things -- Mercury Marine in Victoria used to, but they are gone. Any info appreciated.

I have a vintage 3 hp Johnson - circa 1960, based on an image search. We used it as a safety on our 16' Skookum, and it got us out of several jams. It hasn't been used for some years, but has been stored indoors. I have no use for it now, and am wondering if anyone collects such things -- Mercury Marine in Victoria used to, but they are gone. Any info appreciated.
I have a few circa 1953 if a good home can be found as well. Viking that were Johnson sold by Eatons department store.

I had the 3 hp Viking when I was 13 years old, mowed a guys lawn that had it all summer to pay for it, caught a lot of fish with it. Wonder if young guys still do stuff like that to get there own boat motors?

Last edited:
I had the 3 hp Viking when I was 13 years old, mowed a guys lawn that had it all summer to pay for it, caught a lot of fish with it. Wonder if young guys still do stuff like that to get there own boat motors?
it still feels that way.

Back