VIDEO: Men caught on camera assaulting an angler on B.C. river

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve owned a jetboat and have fished all the rivers around there,but, haven’t and won’t take it up the Vedder …
Its too narrow and too many shore fishers to do it ethically or safely.
I have seen that boat on the trailer around a bit,I’ll keep my eyes open for it again and try and get pictures.
If he is guiding legally he must have “C” numbers not “BC “ numbers easily visible as he’s a commercial boat guiding.
That being said,there are tons of Joe Blows guiding illegally with no insurance,permit,or licenses .
I guided for a couple of seasons when I bought my jetboat in 2003, but I was still working full time and didn’t have the
patience for customers doing bizarre things, so took the c numbers off and redid the registration as a private pleasure vessel. The guys in this video will unlikely be able to guide again locally…
would you go out with violent uncontroled and foul tempered guides? I sure wouldn’t.
I still have the boat and enjoy fishing a lot.
I tend to stay well clear of the frenzied crowds combat fishing..
I sure hope the injured fellow heals up and can enjoy fishing again.
The jetboat guys?? I hope they take up knitting,,,it’s good for anger management…
Everyone just needs to get along!

Completely shocked by lots of the comments here the boat didn’t do anything illegal.
If you were trolling along and someone smashed your 200,000 dollar boat with a rock you’d let it slide?
Imo the guy got exactly what he deserved
Entitled prick!
actions have consequences if your not willing to accept that better check your actions
Also it’s been confirmed the guy hit the boat on the way up and was waiting to throw on the way down!

Remember that thought when the assault charge is filed.
What do you think the charge is for throwing a rock at a moving vehicle? Just so you know it can be as bad as attempted manslaughter as well as putting every single person downstream of him at very extreme risk!

Completely shocked by lots of the comments here the boat didn’t do anything illegal.
If you were trolling along and someone smashed your 200,000 dollar boat with a rock you’d let it slide?
Entitled prick!
actions have consequences if your not willing to accept that better check your actions
Also it’s been confirmed the guy hit the boat on the way up and was waiting to throw on the way down!
Confirmed by who? Got exactly what he deserved???
Wow I actually enjoyed and respected a lot of your comments and suggestions over the years on here. Even if you ‘think’ you know all the facts, you don’t. Talk about entitled pricks. Violence is never the answer
two wrongs don’t make a right. He could have called the cops.
I am sure there is way more to this whole thing but the fact is, it shows us all in a bad spotlight to the greenies that want us all shutdown. Sad day all around.

Last edited:
What do you think the charge is for throwing a rock at a moving vehicle? Just so you know it can be as bad as attempted manslaughter as well as putting every single person downstream of him at very extreme risk!
Specious reasoning that's got nothing to do with the assault charge. Like you said, expect consequences for your actions.

Confirmed by who? Got exactly what he deserved???
Wow I actually enjoyed and respected a lot of your comments and suggestions over the years on here. Even if you ‘think’ you know all the facts, you don’t. Talk about entitled pricks. Violence is never the answer
two wrongs don’t make a right. He could have called the cops.
I am sure there is way more to this whole thing but the fact is, it shows us all in a bad spotlight to the greenies that what us all shutdown. Sad day all around.
My opinion on one matter doesn’t reflect who I am nor does it mean you have to not like my posts I am stating my opinion on an incident, you are more then free to agree or disagree

Entitled prick!
i believe if his 200,000 boat got hit on the way up he would have stopped instantly, not waiting for the return trip.

i believe if his 200,000 boat got hit on the way up he would have stopped instantly, not waiting for the return trip.
Or he let it slide on the way up not so much when he loaded up to throw on the way down?
People can be pushed to a breaking point at different times and you can clearly see in the video that one person specifically was targeted (the one throwing rocks)

100%. Judging by these guys reaction there’s no way they get pinged on the way up and don’t stop. I’m not condoning throwing rocks at boats if your pissed off if that is in fact what happened but regardless I’m not going to say it’s every okay to beat someone like that. There’s a big difference between damage to someone’s property and damage to someone’s brain. It’s happened before outside bars on Granville. A disagreement occurs and one punch that lands in the right spot or they smack head off the pavement and someone’s dead.

It’s all speculation, none of us were there. If guys in the boat feel justified they can turn themselves in and tell their side of the story. Let a Judge decide what was and wasn’t justified. Lots of witnesses on site so getting to the bottom of it shouldn’t be too difficult.

It’s all speculation, none of us were there. If guys in the boat feel justified they can turn themselves in and tell their side of the story. Let a Judge decide what was and wasn’t justified. Lots of witnesses on site so getting to the bottom of it shouldn’t be too difficult.
Well said

Entitled prick!
I absolutely wouldn’t let it slide, but I most definitely wouldn’t beat a man over it

Entitled prick!
Assault and battery is 100% illegal. No two ways about it. Guy could’ve called the cops and in any case should’ve. Now, his actions will indeed have consequences. He’s shown his true Color’s, deserves every single thing coming his way and has shown he is unfit to be a professional guide. If In fact he ever was one.

Assault and battery is 100% illegal. No two ways about it. Guy could’ve called the cops and in any case should’ve. Now, his actions will indeed have consequences. He’s shown his true Color’s, deserves every single thing coming his way and has shown he is unfit to be a professional guide. If In fact he ever was one.
Agreed that his actions will have consequences!
IMO the charges will be dropped very quickly when the man who was throwing rocks is up for attempted manslaughter.
Both parties involved will have a ****** couple months/years if this isn’t dropped there is enough witnesses to get the story straight and I’m assuming We won’t hear the end of it!

Agreed that his actions will have consequences!
IMO the charges will be dropped very quickly when the man who was throwing rocks is up for attempted manslaughter.
Both parties involved will have a ****** couple months/years if this isn’t dropped there is enough witnesses to get the story straight and I’m assuming We won’t hear the end of it!
No, the charges will not be dropped.
That is an extremely disproportionate response.

Both actions, if true, are illegal and are not excusable due to the actions of others.

Learning moment.

I'd hate to be the lawyer trying to make that one stick. He/she will be laughed out of court.
Such a good point. To attempt manslaughter would mean that you would have to be trying to commit manslaughter, which is careless but accidental. If you are trying to do it, then it is not accidental, but murder. Pretty basic logic. Throwing a rock could be considered assault or reckless endangerment.

The boater has no legal legs to stand on. You can’t ethically or legally claim someone ‘got what they deserved’ or self defence because there was provocation. to meet the legal test of self defence, the action must be one that avoids further harm and is commensurate with the initial provocation.

You have a right to protect yourself and to an extent your property.

But you can't turn around and retaliate when the threat is long behind you and no longer a threat.

This is assault. It is clear.

These guys come across as idiots and thugs. Both their behaviour ripping up the river and their behaviour initiating an assault.

The guy on the shore is not without responsibility though. He fûcked around and found out. You had better be ready to back up your words or actions if you are going to ask for it ie. throw rocks and mouth off. Seems he was a big man until he was called out by a couple bigger men.

I'm disappointed to see this on the Vedder too. I used to consider that my home river, had a family cabin at Cultus and would spend a lot of time around there and fly fished a lot on that river in the '90s, I hardly ever saw anyone, let alone lines of anglers and boats ripping through... that was all down on the Fraser it seemed... anyway... the world is full of idiots. They should all lose their guiding/license privileges too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back