VIDEO: Men caught on camera assaulting an angler on B.C. river

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys on the Fraser valley fishing face book page have been saying to throw rocks and weights at jet boats for months now and have been threatening to do damage to jet boats.

seen lots of nasty things posted from shore anglers about fantasy that they were going to do.

not saying this angler did that

There’s probably more to this story than what the news is reporting. I can’t imagine a guy operating a jet boat would hear someone yelling to slow down. I assume rocks were thrown or the shore angler casting at the boat. The whole situation is disgusting.

I don’t fish but am familiar with that stretch of the river. At this time of the year you have anglers targeting springs, families and teens floating the river on inflatable toys, and jet boats and mini jet boats running the same section of the river. It’s only a matter of time before someone gets killed floating the river on a tube getting run over by a motorized boat. There’s plenty of water for jet boats on other less busy river systems. Someone needs to implement restrictions on where and when motorized boats can access these multi-use rivers before we’re discussing who was at fault of a fatality.

Chilliwack RCMP now have a file on it and are looking for help with names, witnesses etc.

80250668-F079-4790-BE12-6C91526E9D37.png

Chilliwack RCMP now have a file on it and are looking for help with names, witnesses etc.

View attachment 82897
I live out that way and the word on the street is that the guy that got the licking threw rocks at the boat. That doesn't make it okay to beat him up and I don't agree with what either party did. i have fishing the Vedder system for over 55 years and I believe that boats / jet boats should be banned on the Vedder from the top of Vedder canal and upstream. If they don't do this soon this kind of behavior will only get worse until someone get skilled.

Guys in the Jet Boat are lucky it wasn’t the Bacon Brothers annual fishing derby. Seriously thing escalate so fast now, you never know who you’re dealing with or what they are capable of.

I live out that way and the word on the street is that the guy that got the licking threw rocks at the boat. That doesn't make it okay to beat him up and I don't agree with what either party did. i have fishing the Vedder system for over 55 years and I believe that boats / jet boats should be banned on the Vedder from the top of Vedder canal and upstream. If they don't do this soon this kind of behavior will only get worse until someone get skilled.
i have seen reports that witnesses said, he did not throw any rocks.. faked em out and yelled though.. boat got hit by imaginary rocks?

i have seen reports that witnesses said, he did not throw any rocks.. faked em out and yelled though.. boat got hit by imaginary rocks?

yeah ive now seen similar reports and even when some said he threw rocks its reported none of them landed close to the boat.

Water levels have been up the last three weeks and the area they are fishing has been backed up by the Fraser up until a few days ago.

As someone who has been in that stretch everyday since the opening....Jet boats have been out everyday in that area with zero issues except for that single incident.

You have to ask yourself what that angler did. Not encouraging what happened but people forget there is consequences for actions they do.

Whats kills more tubers and swimmers on the Vedder every year....logjams or jet boats?

If someone threw at rock at your boat what would your next move be?

Interactions like this were inevitable when they didn't stop allowing jet boats up that river when they first started

Water levels have been up the last three weeks and the area they are fishing has been backed up by the Fraser up until a few days ago.

As someone who has been in that stretch everyday since the opening....Jet boats have been out everyday in that area with zero issues except for that single incident.

You have to ask yourself what that angler did. Not encouraging what happened but people forget there is consequences for actions they do.

Whats kills more tubers and swimmers on the Vedder every year....logjams or jet boats?

If someone threw at rock at your boat what would your next move be?

Why were they ripping through? Didn't look that wide and they were just flying through. Did not appear to slow down or even try to avoid shore guys actively fishing.

Ever been in a jet rig?
Headed downstream you must be going a lot faster than the current to maintain plane / control.

Operator was a local guide btw...

Nog

I have but don't know that stretch of water. In any event, seems that there is some clashing between shore fisherman and jet boats and I am sure there is a fair bit of both to blame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back