Victoria-to-Sooke, what size herring to use? use

There is still a few columbians left but the majority of them are upper fraser fish yes you are right TT. what i have been told is the real early ones (april may) are them also dont know how to spell it nooksack river has a spring spawninging in late may some of those stubbys go there also.

There is still a few columbians left but the majority of them are upper fraser fish yes you are right TT. what i have been told is the real early ones (april may) are them also dont know how to spell it nooksack river has a spring spawninging in late may some of those stubbys go there also.

Alex if you want ill take those huge herring of your hands for you or e-mail me and you can bring them out to try and catch a hali.

Alex if you want ill take those huge herring of your hands for you or e-mail me and you can bring them out to try and catch a hali.

May and June Chinook caught in this area are Nooksack River and Cowichan River fish, both currently under watch as depleted and nearing endangered status.

May and June Chinook caught in this area are Nooksack River and Cowichan River fish, both currently under watch as depleted and nearing endangered status.

COWICHAN RIVER sorry never heard of that before in my life but hey you never know doubt it though. Me personally the only time i use the big herring is in the winter time because those springs are feeding on them for those who know me on the water in the summertime i catch alot of those big springs out off of sooke i use small anchovies because the summer springs are not feeding they are only passing thru 9 out of 10 of them there guts are empty. Also in the last ten years the bait out there of of sooke and renfrew has been tiny herring 2 inches or needle fish. Just for you to think about "match the hatch" also applies to salmon.Not saying whole herring wont work but you have better chances with what is in the water and are you not trying to put out what will give you the greatest chance. hhhhhhhmmmmmmm
Wolf

COWICHAN RIVER sorry never heard of that before in my life but hey you never know doubt it though. Me personally the only time i use the big herring is in the winter time because those springs are feeding on them for those who know me on the water in the summertime i catch alot of those big springs out off of sooke i use small anchovies because the summer springs are not feeding they are only passing thru 9 out of 10 of them there guts are empty. Also in the last ten years the bait out there of of sooke and renfrew has been tiny herring 2 inches or needle fish. Just for you to think about "match the hatch" also applies to salmon.Not saying whole herring wont work but you have better chances with what is in the water and are you not trying to put out what will give you the greatest chance. hhhhhhhmmmmmmm
Wolf

Back