Vehicle Appraiser

There is a Hagerty rep in BC that does these. He used to be a columnist for collector cars. Allyn Edwards is somewhat associated with him.

Hagerty has an online tool as well.

Last edited:
I think you need someone independent, and not associated with an insurance provider who will document your vehicle completely, in the event you have a total loss.

I agree ab 1752 and thanks for the feed back guys.

I have contacted firms on the mainland but they will not come to the island unless I can find another 8 vehicles to be appraised. They want 10 vehicles to make it worth their trip over to the island. The other option is for me to pay 8X the price. NOT.

Sure makes a difference in insurance coverage with the collector plates. With out a collector plate the insurance is $900, with collector plate and same coverage $320. But if the vehicle is written off they give you the basic price unless you have a appraisal. If you have a appraisal the collector insurance will go up but only 1/3 of what insurance price the original ICBC insurance is.

Hey Doug thanks for the details. For both of my cars insured as collectors, I have full documentation of the restoration process. While my time isn't documented the end state is...so, while I know I need updated appraisals, I (foolishly) feel I am somewhat weaponized if I have to do battle with icbc.

I will seek out an appraiser asap...what about the local corvette club, there must be guys there in the same situation? Again, I'd ask Silver arrow they will be plugged in based on what they ask for their cars, I figure.

Isn’t there a C.R.U.I.S.E. club in Victoria? It was suggested to ask someone in that group. Facebook or otherwise.

I had my collector plated car insured through Hagerty for collision, comprehensive etc, for the declared value as determined through their valuation tool. Only used ICBC for base liability.

I had my collector plated car insured through Hagerty for collision, comprehensive etc, for the declared value as determined through their valuation tool. Only used ICBC for base liability.

X2 pictures were sent for evaluation all done through a local insurance broker, you'd think/hope they'd know the market valuation.
Same as getting the collector plates with icbc

I have two cars with collector plates, and I need them to be appraised.
I’m looking for an appraiser in the Victoria area.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Nice cars! It’s not just what you’d sell your car for. You have to factor the luxury tax, which increases with the value, and the pst that needs factored in to the replacement value. https://www.canadadrives.ca/blog/car-finance/used-car-taxes-in-british-columbia. We had our 68 Firebird and 66 Beaumont appraised recently by Mark Erickson. Super knowledgeable. remarkablevehicleappraisals.com
He used to run the ICBC collector car program, amongst other things. He’s on the mainland but perhaps he’s going to the island on a summer trip and a stop at your place would pay for his ferry? Worth a try.

That guy that now works for Hagerty, whose name escapes me, he used to do columns in the paper as well and I think he worked for Icbc at one time. Years ago before Jay Leno had his TV show about his car collection, this guy came to my BMW motorcycle club and did a slideshow presentation about Jay Leno’s amazing collection. He met Leno and they became friends and Leno let him take photos inside his buildings where all his vehicles were. This was pretty cool to see it before the rest of the public had access to it.

Back