vacuum sealers 500$ or less ..

definitely seals better with more vacuum , also 15” rolls can accept a bigger piece of fish if i wanted to do a large fillet , no wait time either. anyone want my foodsaver? free pickup in Langford , still works .
Let us know your honest opinion in, say, 6 months. Some of us are considering this unit... also, if you could try some other bags it would be great to know if they work.

Thanks

Let us know your honest opinion in, say, 6 months. Some of us are considering this unit... also, if you could try some other bags it would be great to know if they work.

Thanks
as stated above the sealer only uses channeled bags, so anyone els have this or the 12” commercial grade sealer and find bag elsewhere at a more reasonable price?

as stated above the sealer only uses channeled bags, so anyone els have this or the 12” commercial grade sealer and find bag elsewhere at a more reasonable price?
There's some on Amazon that all get great reviews although I've never tried them. I'm going to order some because I just ran out of the Foodsaver bags.

Hijacking the thread a little.... does anyone have tips on vacuum bagging prawns??

We remove the heads, rinse and vacuum bag. I find that sometimes the sharp little bits on the shell will sometimes show up later as an unsealed bag...
Anybody notice this and what did you do?

awesome ! thanks for the tip , this is why i didn’t buy the Cabelas bags only the rolls , i just ordered 200 8x12 bags in 4mil from halfords , including shipping my total cost was 89$
we find that the best deal it to buy 500 bags as it works out to be same price as 400 bags I believe it is. Would split an order with you in the future to get that best deal. Keep it in mind.

awesome ! thanks for the tip , this is why i didn’t buy the Cabelas bags only the rolls , i just ordered 200 8x12 bags in 4mil from halfords , including shipping my total cost was 89$
Weird, it's showing $100 minimum for shipping for me to Port Coquitlam....

Anyone want to split a 500 bag Halfords 4 mil bag order? I am in Mill Bay

The website says $190 for 1000 8X12 bags plus shipping, looks like $20 -$40 based on other members comments. so lets say $230 /3 =~$77 for 330 bags each .
what do you think @Gear'n'beer! and @Forbsey10 ?

Back