vacuum sealers 500$ or less ..

I have a couple cheapo $70 USD Foodsaver sealers from Costco and buy the knockoff quart sized bags in 200 quantity on Amazon. You can get two sealers going back to back and never play the waiting game between seals. Once the fillets have dried on towels, stuff all the fish into the bags being careful to only handle fish with one hand and keep the other hand dry and opening the bags. THEN get both sealers going at the same time, *double sealing* the open end. While they are sealing, write whatever you're gonna write on the bags. You won't have a spare moment wasted throughout the process. Let the bags sit on the counter for 10 mins to see if any leakers and redo if so. The double seal and dry hand technique seems to minimize leakage for me.

What I like about the foodsavers is you can run them on the boat with a DC invertor or at the dock with shorepower, then stow them. When they fail, throw them away and go buy another one cheap. I've had good luck with mine over the past 10 years no prob. One day I'll get a chamber sealer for home, but I like the flexibility and mobility of my foodsavers.

YMMV.

Last edited:
I still have 400 8 x 12 Halfords bags if anyone want's em they come in packages of 100 $25.00 each
I'm in Mill Bay

Back