used vic

Ever burned out a "honey hole" Pro ?
most guys i know have, in fact thats exactly why Hallie fishermen
are always looking for new spots.
It's also why this post has created a stir. ;)

Scott to answer you No I havent burned out a spot but I also dont fish it no more than 3 days in a row I have select spots that I know "hold" them and will leave certain spots alone thats why i said earlier its taken me years (25) now to find alot of my "spots" and for some clown to profit from all my knowledge and hard work is not a fisherman at all he is an idiot for once I have to agree with Rollie become a fisherman and learn to fish and not cheat!!!!!Yes I am always looking I but you have to be out there to find them and not at home buying them [}:)][}:)].

There is miles of area out there you just have to take time and LOOK there are pinnacles and vallies everywhere out there that are not even on our charts.Go find your own thats the fun part of hali fishing knowing you found it and fished it and got a hali off it it shows personal pride.

Its probablly for not anyways as I think there wont be a hali season in the spring for us anyways so if you want Ill sell you some of my known and proven ones for a fee as well but it wont be 50 bucks :D:D:D:D

Wolf

I don't fish for hali that often but consistently over many years now. What I have learnt is that feeding halis travel around in repeating patterns. I keep notes of every trip and I can tell you that I can nicely connect the dots and when I look at the recorded bite times during similar tides you see how they follow their routes. Therefore when I run out to some of the known hali routes like east or west conny and I see Wolf and others already tied up I usually just anchor up on the hali-route down from the others and I usually catch a fish just with a little time delay. Works almost everytime and I would bet I can call the bite within 1 hour acuracy now. So IMHO I find that hype over exact hali coordinates moot as those hali routes I have identified are probably a mile long and you could pretty much catch halis everywhere along there. Trick is WHEN to be WHERE. My 2 cent and out.

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

Well son of a biatch!! Ive got a ****load of those!! Just send me 20$ a pop. Im serious, there might be fish there..

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Hell for an extra 20$ you could probably send them the cordinates to swiftsure! [:p] might be a few ping pong paddles left up there.:)

Calm, you've caught 150 lb barn doors anywhere downstream of the guy on the SPOT? Come on, 30 to 40 pounders ok, but the big guys are found more often in certain specific SPOTS. Not quite 100% but close enough. Why do the same guys show up on the leader board of the IO hali derby? Its not because they have a special bait or lurfe...halibut aren't that fussy!!!!

There are no Secrets out there now, you have to use the Bennie tactics half the time now[:p] Run out to the Race on a -4.6 and pretend to drop the pick, then watch as the three who followed you do the same like seagulls around you[}:)]Then place your scottsman back in your boat and motor off, holds em off a bit until you get to the fog:D Oh so evil, I love it.

www.tailspincharters.com

Back