used vic

Saw it the other day and from the pic I know who it is was not impressed at all by this so called "stunt" he will be not making too many freinds at v-mac if it is the guide with that boat.
What nerve!!!!!

Wolf

Noticed it also. Are these guys also selling the phone numbers of available friendly ladies taken from the walls of bar washrooms. Must be a few on Used Victoria who would pay $50 for a good assortment.;)

Bottom feeder!!!!

Well son of a biatch!! Ive got a ****load of those!! Just send me 20$ a pop. Im serious, there might be fish there..

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Yeah this is crap!

I was about to write a book many many years ago about fishing Vancouver island. Almost like Alec Merriman's but greatly updated. I eventually ditched the idea for the lack of wanting to completely exploit certain populations of fish for a buck. Local fisherman would have also been greatly disgruntled I was sure. Obviously many guys would have gladly purchased the book, but again I could not have lived with myself for giving up hard earned info that is kept dearly by all the other great fisherman out there.

Hope this guy gets an earful.

If the guy wants to sell "HIS" way points...no problem. He's only screwing himself. But to sell the local guides fishing spots and screw them is asking for it. Easy enough for one of the guides to call him up posing as a buyer to find out who he is.

I'm not sure you should worry too much... There's no money-back guarantee.

Merry Christmas to all!

Not only that , but how would anyone know for sure that he was selling "his" waypoints? and does it even really matter? I know alot of us have many of the same spots dialed in. Why share them with the general public.

it's crazy. And for $50. C'mon sell them for a few hundred bucks at least to make it worth the while.

This discussion is actually kind of silly. That ocean does not belong to anyone in particular so he has just as much right to do whatever he likes as you guys. May pi$$ you off to find your sweet spot blocked but that's life. Get over it. Or find new honey holes.

Nice one LC! By the time people try the free ones, they'll have fumbled their way into a fish or two and won't need to pay the scammer, unless those are the coordinates to various people's freezers.;)

quote:Originally posted by LastChance

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/10881585

Ooooohh. Another one!

Last Chance Fishing Adventures

www.lastchancefishingadventures.com
www.swiftsurebank.com
I don't know what to think. At first I thought this was real as I was surfing around used vic when I found it but now that I'm reading it through this site it looks more like a joke. No harm done but you did have me going. Maybe I should photo copy the GPS way points from the Island Halibut book and sell that off at half price just in time for Christmas...lol.

And remember....Keep your tip up!!!
fish.gif

Calmsea you just dont get it do you I have worked very hard over the years to "find" my own little spots and if this clown went by and GPS them yes I would be annoyed but if but to try and sell them off as they say on the football channel C MON MAN.

So how about this why dont you post on here for everyone to see ALL of your favorite halibut spots for all of us to see and then we can go and fish your "sweet spot" then you can go find new ones ok how does that sound?????

quote:Originally posted by tubber

Nice one LC! By the time people try the free ones, they'll have fumbled their way into a fish or two and won't need to pay the scammer, unless those are the coordinates to various people's freezers.;)

Ha ha, that would be too great if one of these is the fish aisle at superstore.

I think this one's a prank...and if they got anyone riled up, then successful.

Glad to see that the die hards have so much confidence in their waypoints...
personally, i don't think the secret spots hold fish at all times
and while you might have been lucky once or twice, maybe more...
eventually the spot will go dead and you will have to look for another one.
This just a scam, buyer beware :(

Craven...there is a reason why the same good hali guys always get lunkers every year. The SPOT is everything when fishing hali's..PERIOD!
Specifically barn doors...selling GPS coordinates for chickens is a waste of time and money. Anybody seriously considering buying these way points is not a fisherman!!! A fisherman uses his OWN knowledge and ability to search out his own SPOTS over time. Only then can you feel a sense of accomplishment when you land your own bard doors. I'm not saying that anyone owns a spot...it is first come first serve...but be a fisherman!!!

Back