Upper Campbell Lake

Hows he ramp there? and how is it for boating around? If its no good what do you suggest? wanna take the wife and kid somewhere new this weekend.

Lorne

I'd go have a look for you but I'm sicker than a poisoned pup right now and have been for a week.
Some kind of virulent flu thing.

Sorry mate,

Take care.

The old Hydro ramp on the far side is in pretty sad condition. If you've got a small boat it is usable. However, depending on the height of the lake you can easily launch a boat right of the beach. If it's low it will be pretty tough. We've launched smaller boats on trailers by walking the trailer down the beach and then using a truck winch to pull it back up.
Dave

Theres a small boat ramp of sorts about a mile from the mouth of the Elk River. I believe it's called Squatters Cove. Nice little campsite and the fishing in that area is good as well. As mentioned earlier the lake height is important. If it's low, there are lots of old tree stumps to be aware of. Good Luck.;) eman

Yeah, just about Holmes* I was debating on whether or not I should put that info out there. Don't want to ruffle any local feathers.;) eman

Boys do i detect a small squable in the deserted hawks camp still room to get on the midnight train to Canuckville lol by the way my bud in victoria luvs loveland bay prov. campsite on campbell lake not sure if thats upper campbell(Holmsey probably has info)if not try the B.C parks web site which also has maps & launch info.

thanks fellas! does the squatters ramp havea dock or is it just a beach launch? i have a wife that is good for holding the rope and thats about it and a 10 month old.

Games fallen apart so i thought i'd check in ,good one Holmes fresh water cutthroat come to think of it isn't that a pun, lol.

Back