Ultimate Fishing Town - Round Two

So obviously their strategy is to keep plugging in votes off their proxy client list all through the early am to pass us before the contest deadline time runs out. So far two days in a row they have beat us to the 9:00am deadline. We have to find more new votes for the early am shifts before 8:30 am pacific time.

OK, Back on top.
Barely! No "Comfort Zone" and they are right hot on our heels! :(

Some news over the past few days. In Manitoba there is a media blitz asking the entire Province not only to vote, but to actually send lists of Emails in to "volunteers" so that they can use those addresses to pump up the votes: http://www.brandonsun.com/breaking-...-Ultimate-Fishing-Town-contest-103159344.html
Almost funny that when this loop-hole was discovered, most suggested it wasn't really in terms of Fair Play. Yet, now that WFN has had no reaction, it is Full Speed Ahead with newspapers and even governments encouraging it's use. [V]

And of course Nester Falls is up to the exact same shenanigans: http://www.kenoradailyminerandnews.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2758558&auth=By Jon Thompson

Here in BC, our provincial government's answer was to slide the matter to the Ministry of Tourism Culture and Arts. They released a wishy-washy memo that could actually split the BC vote between Port and Chilliwack (which doesn't have any hope at this point, but is after all Barry Penner's home town [B)] ). They certainly could have made a much stronger statement of support, and they should have countered Manitoba's response with a matching winning funds offer. Ah but we never did expect Gordo's team to get on the same page with anything they won't realize direct profit/benefit to themselves for... [:eek:)]

So, as has been the case from that start, the Country Bumpkins that we are continue to go at it basically without government help (no surprise) and we still plug our votes in with an Honest</u> fashion. Always thought that any game should go to the side that plays fair, and of course I would like to think so in this occasion as well...

But with their nefarious tactics, media and government support, our opposition makes great gains on us daily. Yes, we are on top, barely, for now. About a week left to go, and still VERY</u> much anyone's race!

I understand that a great many have become jaded with this process, and I can understand why. I myself have actually cut into Fishing Time far too often to help where I can. But there is only a week left. A week in which to get behind BC, and hopefully let the Country know that even when facing such odds, such sneaky methods to take us down, that BC very much is the Ultimate</u> Province when it comes down to Fishing!! I still believe we have a chance here Folks! :D

On behalf of those who have worked and continue to work so diligently for this title, I offer our heartfelt Thanks! :D
And of course, we beseech you to continue with that support, vote once every 12 hours as you can, pass the message along to your Friends, Family and Contacts, and help us bring the Fishing Title home to where it so obviously belongs! British Columbia!! [^]

Cheers & Thanks!
Matt

http://www.wfn.tv/ultimate-fishing-town/vote

Nestor Falls just made up a Thousand votes in the last hour or so. WTF! How do we beat this machine? I've emailed WFN to inquire why there allowing random email addresses from who knows where to be inputed by drones but have not recieved a reply. This whole contest is starting to stink.[xx(] eman

quote:Originally posted by eaglemaniac

This whole contest is starting to stink.[xx(]

Ah but what a Coup should we actually beat their tactics and pull off a Win! [}:)]

Sheesh! Looks like their underhanded tactics may actually pay off. They are again well ahead of us. Appears they now have a good handful of folks who stay up all night to punch those thousands of absentee votes in as they manage to catch us pretty well every night now. [V]

Still got a fighting chance for Honesty and Real Fishing to persevere, but it's gonna take a LOT</u> of help at this juncture.

Unfortunately in my case work (fishing for a living that is) has once again reared it's head. I am off to the Briney today, so won't be able to bump this up for the balance of the Contest. About 6 days and change left to go now, but I will be away for all of that and perhaps a tad more. [:I]

I hope someone here will step up to the plate and remind the Folks here and elsewhere to vote. To vote every 12 hours, and to get as many others online with that as you can Please! :D

I'll be mightily embarrassed should I get back from Fishing only to discover that some little back-water in OnTerrible has stolen the Title from the Best Fishing Province there is! If that happens I guess I might find some consolation in the fact that at least we gave them a good run, and did so by Playing Fair. Ummm... Nope, simply can't stand the thought of being whupped by them or their tactics... [xx(]

Please folks, stay on top of this one, and bring the Fishing title home to BC! [^]

Catch ya'll on the flipside...

Cheers & Thanks,
Nog

http://www.wfn.tv/ultimate-fishing-town/vote

Final bump from me Folks,

Currently our competition passes us right by well before 9:00 am each morning. Should that occur on the Final Day, we are Goners. [xx(]
So, I leave this in your capable hands now Folks. ;)
I've run with the ball a long ways, but now have to pass it along. Hope we pull it off!! :D

Go BC GO!!
3.gif

Cheers,
Nog - Gone Fishin' [}:)]

I have been in contact with Sara Schmidt a Rep of WFN regarding these proxy or absentee votes that seem to occur overnite from Nestor Falls. It seems to me that she does not want to confirm whether voting of that kind is acceptable within the rules. She does remind us that they are monitoring the voting closely and that all votes are scrutinized thoroughly before they declare the winner.

Hello Edward,
Thanks for your reply – as I’m sure you understand that I am getting above average quantities of email these days, so I’m sorry it’s taken a few days to respond. We are monitoring the votes and voting to ensure a level playing field in this contest, and please do keep in mind that all votes are subject to our review and authentication in accordance with the rules. Beyond that, we encourage you and all other entrants to vote as often as you like, while staying within the rules, and we are thrilled with our entrants’ participation so far.

Yours in Fishing,

Sara | www.WFN.tv

Let's kick it up a notch. Dig up any old Hotmail accounts etc. Get your friends and family involved. Lets do it for Port Alberni the Nog and B.C.;) eman

Weather is OUT on the Big Pond, so running back to the Hacienda...

Damn Nestor Falls is BEATING</u> us yet again! [xx(]
Gotta kick it up like three notches, or BC is doomed... [V]

Nog

Fair voting? What a joke. Once again the east is able to vote but PA comes up 'page not found' Tried repeatedly.

Too much water, too little time

9am AGAIN our prime voting time AND THE SIGHT WONT LET US VOTE! I have moved mine to a graveyard shift, but if it doesnt come back up before 10 I am up all night. Contact WFN and find out WTF. Nestor has most of theirs in yet again!

Forgot to mention that I e-mailed WFN about the issue and here is their reply...
"Thank you for your interest in WFN: World Fishing Network. We appreciate your inquiry and we will get back to you within 3 business days."
Just gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling to know that they place such a high value on the integrity of the process...not!

Too much water, too little time

Back up now Ladz - They are of course in the lead. [V]
Hammer the votes in, and get all you know to join us. It's gonna take some serious effort to take out their tactics!

Cheers,
Nog

Hey Mi Chica... I think the best response you will get from WFN will be vague. As my response from them above. They will not admit that what Nestor Falls are doing is right or wrong, which is a shame as two can play that game. If it ends up that there tactics where acceptable to them and they win, it seems to me that they where playing the game on a different level then what was stated in the rules. The only comfort being is that say that all votes are not final and will be reviewed upon closure. So all we can do is keep plugging in our votes with legitimite emails and hope that fair play prevails.;) eman

I just posted my email addresses and the number of votes did not increase.
The only good thing is Nestor Falls did not increase over the same time period.

Related Interviews scheduled to be broadcast today: 5:00pm on CHEK, 6:00pm on CBC.

Apperas the WFN site is SWAMPED! Slow, but you can still get in if you have just a little patience! ;)

I gotta run now, the weather has smartened up. And as much as I want to be in on the Final Run, I do after all have to make a living. Figures that would be Fishing!! :D

Keep the votes coming Folks! let all your contacts know, we really do have a chance here! [^]

Best of Luck!! I VERY</u> much Hope we do Get 'Er Done!! [8D]

Cheers,
Nog

From another Forum
http://fishbcforum.com/index.php?showtopic=57800&st=30

Just went to the site to vote and found something really disturbing.

On the Port Alberni page, in the right hand column, there is a link to "Download your customized Banners". Click on it and it is supposed to generate code that you can paste into your website so that it will display a banner that links to the 'vote for port alberni' page. HOWEVER, everytime I do it generates the code to link to the 'vote for Nestor Falls' page instead of Alberni. Tried repeatedly on several different browsers and still get Nestor Falls in the code. No bloody wonder they are leading! LOL. What's up with that?

Can someone else pls try it and see if the same thing happens to you?

Thanks

Doc

yep...all the town's promotional banners say, to vote for Nestor Falls. I've notified WFN...as should everyone!

bug.gif

I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

That's good looks like voting starts again in 23 hours??
[:eek:)]

Due to technical difficulties and keeping in the spirit of a fair contest, WFN’s Ultimate Fishing Town website will be undergoing maintenance for a 24-hour period, resuming September 23rd at 5:00pm ET. During this time we will be resolving any issues we have encountered and reviewing all votes received to date. We again apologize for this inconvenience and promise to rectify the issue as fast as possible.
PLEASE NOTE THAT VOTING HAS BEEN EXTENDED. YOU WILL NOW BE ABLE TO VOTE UNTIL 4:59PM ET ON SEPTEMBER 29TH.

Thank you for your continued and overwhelming support. If you have any additional questions, feel free to send us an email by clicking here.

WFN: World Fishing Network

News Flash: Either the voting site was hacked in order to favor Nestor Falls, or the WFN itself rigged the voting. My thought is the former. They have shut the site down for a day while they try to get it worked out.

IMHO should they discover the site was hacked by someone in Ontario, their submission should be given the boot as a consequence! [V]

Don't abandon ship here Folks! Please remember to vote and vote as often as you can when the site is back up. With any Luck at all, the Honest</u> approach will still carry the day! :D

PO'd beyond belief! [}:)]
Matt

Back