Two stroke oil

bigredsnapper

Hi guys, I had a jug of Merc oil for Optimax given to me but I don't have an Optimax. Is it safe to use or can I mix it with the regular stuff?image.jpg

Yes, it's better than the oil you are probably used to using.

Probabaly better, yes. But it's not TCW3 certified so may not be warranty approved. I wouldnt mix it with other oil

Last edited by a moderator:
It's fine to mix.

I would also have to suggest it "Exceeds TC-W3 standards" and "Meets all outboard and personal watercraft manufacturers' recommendations," or Mercury would be flooded with lawsuits?

"Premium 2-Cycle Outboard Oil
Specifically formulated with a marine additive package to meet the needs of: Low-to mid-horsepower outboard engines, under general marine operating conditions. - Exceeds TC-W3 standards. - Reduces rust and corrosion of internal components. - Meets all outboard and personal watercraft manufacturers' recommendations for use of TC-W2 and TC-W3 oils in pre-mix or oil-injected 2-cycle applications. - Provides warranty protection for Mercury, Mariner, Force and Sport Jet 2-cycle engines. Available container sizes: Pint, Quart, Gallon, 2.5 Gallon, 55 Gallon"

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us...ts/precision-lubricants/2-cycle-outboard-oil/

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's the brownish DFI unless your motor is oil injected don't use it for premix as the brownish DFI will settle an separate from the gas and will clump up at the bottom of your tank if it sits for sometime. If it's a day tank you can give it a quick shake before each use and you should be okay. This is second hand info so I'm not 100% certain but I would do some research before running in any premix application or it could be a very expensive bottle of oil.

Back