Tuna recipes

scotty

Anyone have a good tuna recipe? I'm not sure what my neighbour gave me but, It's slightly pink and seems like large pieces?

you will need:
tuna loin
wasabi
soy sauce
salt
sweet picked ginger
sesame seeds regular or black ( prefer the black for the color and the texture
sesame oil

1. on a plate mix 50/50 soy sauce and wasabi ( enough to wet the loin with)
2. role the loin in the stuff you just mixed on the plate.
3. Salt the loin with table salt. (trust me on this one)
4. role the loin in the seeds to coat it.
5. Sear that loin on all sides ( 30- 45 seconds each) in a smoking hot pan with sesame oil
6. slice the loin into large bite pieces.
7. dip pieces in soy sauce and wasabi and eat with the ginger or....

tr it with this sauce on a slice of cucumber:
You will need real mayo, wasabi, lime juice

mix this together:
1/4 cup mayo
wasabi to taste(start with 1/2 teaspoon)
1 tablespoon lime juice.
You can add some color with flying fish roe or red pepper. Maybe add some shredded letuce
THis is a repost but to give you an idea of what it can look like:

slice 1/4" pieces and dip in soy with wasabi...melts in your mouth, definetly my favorite way to fly with tuna..

I make a teriyake marinade with seasame oil and seeds...just a regular teriyake except add the seasame...I also cook my marinade (reduce and blend ingredients) and let stand to cool...throw the loin in for about 6 hours (plastic ziplock) and then roll it around on a hot grill....damn fine....you can also parboil (softly cook) maple bacon and wrap around the marinaded loin , but cut them into abouy 1" thick pieces first and marinade for a shorter period and then grill them...very fine as well...

Using a handheld torch on the loin and browning (cooking ) the outside to about 1/8th to 1/4" (Tataki) is deadly as well.

Back