Tuna cord crimps ?

TinnyTime

Where can I find the slim brass/copper crimps for tuna cord ? like on the right.
These are sometimes call ferrules.

I only found these thick aluminum style locally. Don't fit my crimper.

I run 8 feet of tuna cord at the end of my downrigger, its 1/8".
Thanks

20220811_185115.jpg

Last edited:
I also prefer knots to crimps. The crimps wear away at the tuna cord where it meets the crimp. I use a figure eight loop.

I spent years looking for those slim style crimps. Finally found some this summer at Redden in Port Hardy.

For the tuna cord to braid connection I tie an Improved Albright knot with Rizzuto finish. Albright knot is another option, but I find it tougher to cinch down as the tuna cord isn’t as slippery as mono. Never had one fail (tough wood).

The doubled over tuna cord acts as the stopper and goes through the pulley nicely. I’ve had swivels fail when they’ve been stopper between the tuna cord and braid.

For the tuna cord to braid connection I tie an Improved Albright knot with Rizzuto finish. Albright knot is another option, but I find it tougher to cinch down as the tuna cord isn’t as slippery as mono. Never had one fail (tough wood).

The doubled over tuna cord acts as the stopper and goes through the pulley nicely. I’ve had swivels fail when they’ve been stopper between the tuna cord and braid.
X2

Go to a building store. I used to use tune cord and bought all the sizes at standard building supplies.
Thanks that's something I have to do-I bought a 'variety pack' on EBay and while all the sizes are 'ok' they're all made a tad short and don't inspire confidence.

American fishing wire #14F8 double barrel leader sleeves. they're copper with a blackened finish

Attachments

• F75F65B1-066F-4CB4-9801-513AC1DFBBFB.png
    F75F65B1-066F-4CB4-9801-513AC1DFBBFB.png
    823.5 KB · Views: 67
Back