Tulista Boat Launch Advice

Pursuit

Wondering if I could get some advice about launching at Tulista Park
not having launched there before. Will there be enough water to launch at a low
( 3' )tide? Obviously could wait a couple of hours if necessary.

What a timely question. I just moved to Sidney with my 22' aluminum too and was wondering the same. I did go by the launch at low tide one day (without boat) , I think it was at 1.1m and it did look a bit dodgy. The ramp seemed to flatten out quite a bit into soft sand. Any level of tide that's a no-go?

I have launched my 20' ThunderJet at a 1m ride at Tulista. It was fine, but I wouldn't want to retrieve it at the same tide. 1.5m would be my minimum with my truck and trailer. Actual mileage may vary!

You have to be weary of pulling out at a low tide this time of year. Lots of sand and pebbles get washed up onto the bottom section of the ramp and it can make gaining traction a bit tough for some vehicles. It also gets quite busy in the afternoons, but they should be installing the 2nd and 3rd docks shortly so that will clear up some congestion. The ramps are nice and wide and the docks are in pretty good shape, so no issues there.

When it gets busy in the summer, finding parking for your truck and trailer can be tough. Last year the auxilary parking was about 6 or 8 blocks away beside the skatepark bordering the highway. This year theyre building a new skatepark, tearing out the old skatepark (which is in perfectly fine shape) and building a new $10M safety building in its place... So I look forward to parking my car and trailer in the middle of the new skatepark, which coincidentally would have been a great place for the overflow trailer parking!

Yeah they dropped the ball on the extra parking but too late now with the skate board park being built. I was parked on the side street last year which was only a 5 minute walk but it can take some guys more than 10 minutes to park or retreive there truck leaving there boat tied to the dock. Slows things down big time.

Im running a Skagit Orca similar in draft and weight to your Pursuit. I arrived at the launch with a 0.9 meter outgoing tide and was able to load but my trailer has rollers. It would have been hell to winch up onto bunks. I needed 4 low to get up the ramp and I was a little nervous when the rear tires spun in the sand and pebbles.
When I launched it was a 2 meter tide and it was great. Next time I'll definitely time my launches/loads closer to a 2 meter tide.

Im running a Skagit Orca similar in draft and weight to your Pursuit. I arrived at the launch with a 0.9 meter outgoing tide and was able to load but my trailer has rollers. It would have been hell to winch up onto bunks. I needed 4 low to get up the ramp and I was a little nervous when the rear tires spun in the sand and pebbles.
When I launched it was a 2 meter tide and it was great. Next time I'll definitely time my launches/loads closer to a 2 meter tide.
Great information e-zee, thank you! Exactly what I needed - there will be a 3.6' rising tide for launch so should be doable but I'll likely give it an extra hour. Cheers ~

Back