Trophy Tyee QR Mooching Reel

I will attest to how good Wolf’s work. I’ve used them and they are solid despite Years of heavy use.
They’re not like my longstones though. ;-)
Love the longstones.

Reactions: KCW
My buddy has the Amundsen tx4 i believe and he loves them. ive used them a few times and liked them also. I think your Son will be happy with the new version.

They figured it would be about 5 days until it made it out to me. I’m at work anyways, should be home about the time it gets there. I got them to spool it with 100 yards of backing and fill it with some 30# high vis line, pimp it out for the boy lol.

Wish more quality reels would use the paddle handles.
Agreed. My TMX5 has paddle handles though. I think it’s an option for either handles but most of the reels that I see at tackle shops have the round handles

Attachments

• C6FF9135-1F0B-4FB3-BEBD-DC9D894A7D67.png
    C6FF9135-1F0B-4FB3-BEBD-DC9D894A7D67.png
    797 KB · Views: 36
Wish more quality reels would use the paddle handles.

I like the paddles much better as well. @Tailwalker posted instructions on the conversion of islander MR2 handles to the shimano paddle handles

search
Putting rubber handles on an MR3, look for the tailwalker post

Last edited:
Unveiling number two.
Pretty sexy reel lol.

gs4doM1.jpg

yKAOcKi.jpg

P3Fg888.jpg

I usually don't care about how my stuff looks, but the fish scale pattern machined into the reels really bugs me.

I have 2 Islanders and the reason I keep going back to my trophy's are because of the paddles. I haven't had a chance to test out the tmx5 reels yet but on paper, it's everything I'm looking for but don't want to spend any more money on gear.

I usually don't care about how my stuff looks, but the fish scale pattern machined into the reels really bugs me.

I have 2 Islanders and the reason I keep going back to my trophy's are because of the paddles. I haven't had a chance to test out the tmx5 reels yet but on paper, it's everything I'm looking for but don't want to spend any more money on gear.
Buy the paddle handles for your islanders..... PNT stocks them

My tmx5 is plain black with no fish scale pattern. It was $279 when I bought it. Now it looks like $299 is the best price and it only on the fish scale version.

I gotta admit that the fish scale is growing on me and i need two more in the near future so I’m gonna get those ones. Unless I win the lottery because then I’m getting a full stable of TR3’s

Back