Trophy 2352 macerator

I am having problems with my macerator pump blowing fuses. I have a 2007 trophy 2352 and I do not think the pump is working correctly as when I leave it on it blows the fuse. Works and then not, I have changed the fuse out 2x in the last 3 months. I think I have to change out the macerator unit. Anyone have the same problem or advice?
Paul

I am having problems with my macerator pump blowing fuses. I have a 2007 trophy 2352 and I do not think the pump is working correctly as when I leave it on it blows the fuse. Works and then not, I have changed the fuse out 2x in the last 3 months. I think I have to change out the macerator unit. Anyone have the same problem or advice?
Paul
Take it apart probably some line or paper jamming it locked rotor

No Tp goes in my toilet because of that reason, gets stuck in the blades, pain in the A.. to pull out and clean, I keep a HD bucket lined with a garbage bag for TP

I had the same problem. I was able to turn the ens of the shaft with a screwdriver as demonstrated in this video;
but it still blew fuses. I ended up replacing the unit.

try running the macerator in reverse , by reversing the leads for 5 seconds , usually clears out the junk.

I highly recommended installing at least one shutoff valve between the tank & the pump, if there isn't one there already. As close to the pump inlet as possible. If you need to remove the pump, now is a great time to get it done. If your pump hasn't failed this time, sometime in the future, it will.
When there is room, it's a good idea to have a valve on both sides. Eight years working for a boat charter company taught me this. By far the most common problem I ran into was caused by the wrong things going down the toilet.
Beamer... good trick with trying to reverse the pump before tearing into the system. Wish I knew about that years ago. Might have prevented some seriously gross jobs.

good trick with trying to reverse the pump before tearing into the system. Wish I knew about that years ago. Might have prevented some seriously gross jobs.
YES.......

macerator.jpg macerator-1.jpg i have a new jabsco 18590-2092 if you find that it is in need of replacement

Last edited:
Back