Trolling motor repair in Sooke or Westshore?

C-J

Hi,

Anyone have any experience or recommendations of someone who can repair my Minn Kota motor out here? Tried Sooke Marine, West Marine but no luck. Thanks in advance...

CJ

I'd suggest this is a DIY job or just replace the motor. You didn't take a non saltwater minn kota and put it in the ocean did ya? If so it's probably corroded beyond repair.

You could try Alpine marine I *think* they have some fancy electric motors in there. Or try Emery Electric or google "electric motor repair in victoria bc" and phone around. Doubtful you'll find somebody with a lot of experience fixing minn kota's.

Thanks GDW. It's a saltwater Minn Kota stocked with my Ocean Kayak Torque...electric motor in a kayak...

Unfortunately I can't just replace it with any motor...it would have to be the exact one. I've been pestering Ocean Kayak and Minn Kota both for answers and help (they're both Johnson Outdoors) but no dice after more than a week of trying.

Been working the phones too, with no luck, so posted here.

I'll keep googling for info on trolling motor repair and rebuilding...almost guaranteed that a DIY would end badly...

Back