Travelling to Winter Harbour this summer

Sitkaspruce

To all of you who will be travelling by road to Winter harbour this summer, be aware that there will be loaded logging trucks hauling all summer on the road from Holberg to Port Hardy. It started today and will be going for most of the summer.

So Be Aware and go slow!!!!

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

Will be going to WH next week, 24 or 25 Jun. We are planing to leave Port Hardy around 530 (l730 hrs). What time do these log haulers start and finish their day??

FFG, will post a report when I get home, around the 7th Jul. But I did hear that the cohoe are there, so I am taking a couple of fly rods and lots of bucktails, and abalone spinners. Tight lines ,........BB

Thanks for the info. I am headed up there in a month, and we plan to leave Hardy by 5 or 6 in the morning for Winter Harbour. I'll go a extra slow and keep an eye out. Let me know how busy the road is when you go up ( and how the fishing is !!!!) Thanks[8D]

They usually haul 6 to 6 monday to friday, but with the warm weather they could be on early shift. This will mean hauling from 4 or 5 am to 2-3 pm. We are expected to get rain for the next few days, but so far it has just been showers.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

FFG, will post a report when I get home, around the 7th Jul. But I did hear that the cohoe are there, so I am taking a couple of fly rods and lots of bucktails, and abalone spinners. Tight lines ,........BB

Sounds like we might be up the same time. Love to catch coho on the fly! Thanks for the follow up.

Leaving on Thurs. night. will launch in P A will be there for 5 days. 20th to 25th Hopefully have some good news upon our return.

Left Winter harbour 1515 hrs arrived campbell River 1855 hrs today. Great cohoe fishing all over the area. Bucktailing with albaone spinners worked really well. No springs to speak of inside. but, lots of them if you can get out to the highway! Limits of chinooks out there yesterday and today, plus a halibut each day while trolling with the riggers at 240', and one large ling yesterday . Started fishing last friday and fished everyday till 1100hrs today. By the way, road was very good going in, due tai the rain, but dusty coming out today. Happy Canada Day,.........BB

Left Winter harbour 1515 hrs arrived campbell River 1855 hrs today. Great cohoe fishing all over the area. Bucktailing with albaone spinners worked really well. No springs to speak of inside. but, lots of them if you can get out to the highway! Limits of chinooks out there yesterday and today, plus a halibut each day while trolling with the riggers at 240', and one large ling yesterday . Started fishing last friday and fished everyday till 1100hrs today. By the way, road was very good going in, due tai the rain, but dusty coming out today. Happy Canada Day,.........BB

Back