Trailer tire replacement

Slabbedout

I have decided to replace my trailer tires before they let go at the most inopportune time.

I have 4.80-12 tires on a ezloader trailer and have never really liked them since they heat up and don’t tow great at higher speeds. I am thinking as long as the clearance and bolt pattern is fine I can find some larger tires / rims and put those on ? I am also seeing that it’s probably just easier and comparable cost to just buy tires on rims than getting new tires and having them put on my existing rims. Anyone been down this road lately and have a good source to buy replacement tires / rims ?

I have decided to replace my trailer tires before they let go at the most inopportune time.

I have 4.80-12 tires on a ezloader trailer and have never really liked them since they heat up and don’t tow great at higher speeds. I am thinking as long as the clearance and bolt pattern is fine I can find some larger tires / rims and put those on ? I am also seeing that it’s probably just easier and comparable cost to just buy tires on rims than getting new tires and having them put on my existing rims. Anyone been down this road lately and have a good source to buy replacement tires / rims ?
Cedar tire if you are near Nanaimo

Just installed new trailer tires ordered through Quattro tires. I've found their prices reasonable.

Princess Auto has 12” galvanized rim and tire combos on sale for $80 each. Maybe check your tire pressure first, it should be about 50psi, they tend to overheat when under inflated as there is too much flex in the sidewall. Easier and cheaper than upsizing, 13” and up means 5 bolt hubs will probably be needed

SOS tire have lots of used stuff you might be able to try some bigger rims on the trailer to see how big will fit and then go from there

I shopped around this past summer - needed 4 heavy sidewall trailer tires for 12,000 pound trailer. Best deal by far was OK Tire in Parksville. Better than Costco and Cedar Tire for price.

I have bought many tires through Cedar tire. Both trailer and vehicle. Even before I moved here, and they have been great for price and service. Give them a call and see. I have no affiliation with them.

Oly

Back