Trailer repair suggestions Victoria

check Princess Auto, sometimes its cheaper to replace the whole hub assembly
than rebuilding your old ones.

Last edited:
Have also used Custom Hitch & RV for a few jobs and for speed, knowledge and quality of work have had no complaints but as for price I don't think they are the lowest out there. Perhaps it may be a case of you get what you pay for.

Have never used them but someone once suggested Empire Welding on the way to Sooke as they build trailers, when I was looking around for someone to do some trailer work.

If the job is big enough I would get a few quotes.

Last edited:
I've used Jim at Custom Hitch and he got the job done quick. My only complaint was that the brakes weren't bled properly and did them myself at home.

Thanks guys, hopefully nothing major! I like the sound of Custom Hitch. I never want my boat sitting on the side of the highway so taking it to someone knowledgable is worth. I think Princess Tire sold, were they on Douglas? I can't find them.

I happen to know that Custom Hitch does a lot of work for Fisheries. They converted all their trailers to disc brakes a few years ago.

Wow old thread revived.
I don't know anything about oil bath hubs but I just had to get my grease pack bearings replaced and had same issue trying to find a place. I ended up taking hubs off and taking those in without boat. Had bearings replaced and repacked. Then put back on trailer myself. Seems it is easier to find someone to do the job if you are not bringing in the whole rig. You could also try Westshore Spring and 4x4 or Galaxy RV. Integra Tire in Colwood is excellent for trailer tires. Same thing. Take just the wheels in.

Wow old thread revived.
I don't know anything about oil bath hubs but I just had to get my grease pack bearings replaced and had same issue trying to find a place. I ended up taking hubs off and taking those in without boat. Had bearings replaced and repacked. Then put back on trailer myself. Seems it is easier to find someone to do the job if you are not bringing in the whole rig. You could also try Westshore Spring and 4x4 or Galaxy RV. Integra Tire in Colwood is excellent for trailer tires. Same thing. Take just the wheels in.
Thanks! I just revised the original post. I have a little bit more complicated need now with setting up a weight distribution hitch with a pole tongue adaptor and the EOH brake module is in the way. I checked with Westshore, no go they limit it to axle and spring replacement.

Asked SG if they could check my trailer brakes and hubs - they said they don't do this type of work anymore. INA Marine said the same - they said go to the Alpine Auto repair place?! Anybody know about Sherwood Marine?

With Custom Hitch gone now and Westshore Spring not doing this type of work - where are there places to take your boat trailer to get brake, bearing and hub work done???

Sherwood is booked up till late August. I had to go to SG for an engine repair.
Everyone is busy and flush it seems. Long timelines and selective work. No one wants to work on a trailer.
Kaelic sending you a PM.

In the past 7 or 8 years, I have had trailer work done
- at Silverstreak in Sooke [they converted me to disc brakes as well as cleaning up some wiring issues], and
- by my auto guy for brakes, bearings, wiring [he is also a fisherman and trailer owner] - see Doug at Dunsmuir Super Service, on Pembroke Street.
- Blackline also redid my bunks - doubt they do bearings, etc. [I used them because they were working on the boat, too]

Back