Trailer price ?

Peahead

I am likely going to put my trailer up for sale but not really sure what price tag to put on it.

It is a 2004 Shoreland'r ( Midwest Industries) tandem axel, rollers with surge disk brakes on both axels ( all four wheels) ST215/75/14 trailer tires with good deep tread on all 4 tires. 14x6 rims. The trailer looks in very good shape - looks like a new jack on it too. It carried my 228 Grady Seafarer up from NY with no problems and brakes worked well. It had bearings repacked prior to trip and grease added via bearing buddies during trip. It could handle a boat over 22' and has a GVWR of 7,040lbs. Has new VIN sticker from Midwest Ind. and has its RIV certification with sticker and is presently ICBC insured so both taxes paid (was "sighted" by ICBC as part of insurance process).

Thx for your input !

image.jpg

I will try to come up with a fair price and PM you.

I am likely going to put my trailer up for sale but not really sure what price tag to put on it.

It is a 2004 Shoreland'r ( Midwest Industries) tandem axel, rollers with surge disk brakes on both axels

I have a newer (2011), 7000# aluminum trailer, similar but 15" wheels, 4- Kodiak discs and bunks, also imported from the U.S. Landed here for $3600 plus tax, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok great so $3,600 from the states ......and I suppose depending on what sUS state you got it in, it may be much better price than in BC. ......so if you were going to turn around and sell that trailer here in Canada ( Vancouver) what you figure the value of your trailer would now be considering that trailer is now in Vancouver and was selling in our market here ?

Ok great so $3,600 from the states ... what you figure the value of your trailer would now be considering that trailer is now in Vancouver and was selling in our market here ?

Hey P.H.
When I was looking for a trailer here (V.I.), something similar at our local dealer was over double the price I eventually paid. I bought the trailer because I needed to get a boat back from S. Carolina. My past experience is that salt-water trailers depreciate fairly quickly. I'd check Craigs List, BST, Used Victoria, etc., if I wanted an idea of the market here. I'd be looking for bunks though, considering the roads to Bamfield and Tahsis.

You should sell it for $6-800..

I could use one of those :D

Hey Peahead

If that trailer has an A-75 actuator on it that could use an upgrade, I have a 2007 self-contained actuator cartridge that I just removed from a 4,600 dual axle Shoreland'r. It's in perfect shape (with a soelenoid shut-off for backing up)
I'll cut you a deal if you have interest.
thanks for considering

I have a 5800 pound Shorland'r and went to Red Deer Alberta to buy it new. (no dealers in BC anymore) I sold my older 5200 Shorland'r for half the price of a new one of the same size. My was 10 years old when I sold it. I would look up the closest dealer and give them a call for a new price.

Back