Trailer lights

scott craven

anybody know how to change the bulbs in this westbar trailer light ?
looks like a sealed unit, but there must be some way to access the bulb ???
Do you need to replace the whole unit ?

IMG_1786.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

YES, replace the unit... or switch to LED lights for many years of trouble-free use. I've had three or four years on my LED's now. Replace all wires at the same time is the ticket!

Remember, it's called "fishing," not "catching."

Westmarine 12 bux will fix your problem. I got their last one some 3 mths ago but i'm sure they must've brought in some more.
cheers

gonefishingsign.gif

Second the recommendation to install LED lts.
Princess Auto stock them at a reasonable price.

Kipper

What brands of LED trailer lights have guys tried, and which would you reccomend, and where did you purchase. I think they would have to be used problem free for 3 or more seasons to be reccommended.

I bought led trailer lights from Canadian Tire and the extra cost worked out to be equal to one case of beer. These lights are a lot brighter then regular bulbs and never need changing.... hope they last at least three years.

you guys probably all know this, but I'll say it anyway. I find my bulbs last way longer if i disconnect them before submerging. They blew all the time until I figured that out. It's been a year or two since I changed a bulb.

I also got some electrical connector grease for my plug-in connector which I think helps you to get a good connection. It is used by truckers i think. Got mine from father in law.

Back