Trailer drum brakes.

Birdsnest

So just put new everything (brakes)on by duel axel cargo trailer. New back plate new magnets...everything except new wiring. Put it all together and adjust brakes so there is a bit of friction. Take the trailer for a ride. Not much braking power.. When manually applied I can just barely feel the trailer stopping the truck. Drive around for 5 mins using the brakes and then adjust the brakes again to the slight resistance but no real improvement. All 4 drum were warm suggesting they were all working equally however I thought I should be able to lock those tires up with new brakes. Im towing with a brand new 2016 duramax with an factory controller.

What to do next?

I suspect that since all four drums were warm there may be a voltage problem to all of them but I really do not know where to start looking. I would guess start at the plug and keep working down to the magnets but I should find something that is effecting them all, ya?

Thanks for any advice.

same with mine, it took a few miles to really get working well, i blame it on the magnet seating against the drum

Back