Trailer axle help.

poet1971

Hi everyone.

I need to replace/rebuild the axle on my 87 Caulkins trailer. Princess Auto does not stock one that would fit. Can anyone suggest a place to have one build, buy one that fits, or will be build mine.

Thanks,

Darren

You might try Island Spring in Ladysmith. Not sure where you are located. I've always had good luck with them, but I've heard complaints about them too.

Dave

Ok, maybe not then. I don't have any other suggestions for you then. Perhaps find the nearest Caulkins dealer and go from there?

Dave

Not sure where you are, but if up Island, Courtenay Spring and Axle would be a good choice. New axle for my trailer was $320.

Rick at Empire is awesome. Builds incredible trailers. I have known him for years, would be my first choice and his prices are excellent. If he's busy though you can go to Custom, definitely be more money than Empire though.

Thanks for the help guys. I have a couple good resources in Victoria now. Thanks for the p Island recommendations too. I keep forgetting to say that I am in Victoria. I'll check with Empire and Custom tomorrow. I'll stop in and see Rick tomorrow morning in person. Thanks again everyone.

Back