TR-1 For Dummies

finally got her in the swim yesterday the tr-1 worked flawlessly all good.thank you harry for offering your controller to try as i thought my was nfg

finally got her in the swim yesterday the tr-1 worked flawlessly all good.thank you harry for offering your controller to try as i thought my was nfg

Good to hear. I'm not sure on mine yet. I'll find out once i get her out there. I figure I'm going to have to move the sensor ball as I'm adding a stereo and a couple of speakers and not sure how close the magnets can be to the ball?

Ball must be a least 24" from any other motors, speakers or magnets of any kind

on mine the ball is on the port side above the gunnel out of the way on the bulkhead it is a nice install

First time out yesterday. So after moving the compass ball and bleeding the system, which seemed fine anyways, boat still pulls to starboard on auto. I have not configured the compass. Really didn't think it should be causing this but not sure what else it can be?

You have to calibrate the compass and set north then it should be fine, are you hooked into GPS as well? If so compass and gps MUST be in agreement with each other so calibrate and set north or they do all sorts of screwy things

You have to calibrate the compass and set north then it should be fine, are you hooked into GPS as well? If so compass and gps MUST be in agreement with each other so calibrate and set north or they do all sorts of screwy things

Not tied into the gps. Basically, it's all I've got left to try. Have to find a nice spot and slack and give her a shot.

I do mine in by cates park lotsa room there and it only takes 5 minutes

Mine is dialed in pretty decent now holds a nice heading on troll or at 30mph

Pump Problems

My pump is leaking. Anyone repaired one or had it apart? Shop drawing of pump? Help please

I can't get mine to calibrate. Do about 3 circles and then it flashes failed calibration.
If I set a course it wanders off to the left or right. All the functions seem to work fine other than the wandering.
Any ideas?

I can't get mine to calibrate. Do about 3 circles and then it flashes failed calibration.
If I set a course it wanders off to the left or right. All the functions seem to work fine other than the wandering.
Any ideas?

Is your compass mounted correctly

It came with the boat and I assumed it was working. However I think they mounted it in the bilge but below the waterline which I think is a problem. We are going to move it up today and to another location and try calibration again

I just read through this thread and it seems like lots of problems with these units? I have a com-nav pilot that went on the boat back in 1993-94 and still works perfect today. Calibration is a snap..point boat north, push a button...I did this on the trailer....turn helm all the way to hard port..hit a button..same to starboard...done. My only regret was not knowing that the pump is a bit noisy and would have located it somewhere so that you wouldn't hear it working. I only use mine to take control of the helm while I pull/check gear in strong winds which was my intended use when I bought it.

It came with the boat and I assumed it was working. However I think they mounted it in the bilge but below the waterline which I think is a problem. We are going to move it up today and to another location and try calibration again

If I remember correctly it should be mounted at or below waterline for minimal movement,
Are you following the instructions for correct circle size and timing?
Going to fast or slow will cause failed calibration, I do have the install manuals still but they are on the boat and I'm not till sometime next week,
Also if it is not hooked to a chartplotter you have to set north as well

Sent from my rotary phone using tapacrap!

Are you taking about the compass ball thing? It needs to be mounted forward of midship and 4' from any magnets. I don't think it says anything about mounting height

Are you taking about the compass ball thing? It needs to be mounted forward of midship and 4' from any magnets. I don't think it says anything about mounting height

Ya it says low and as close to the center line as possible for best results. It will prevent the kicker from flopping back and forth from waves.

You can also adjust the sea state filter

I adjust it as low as possible most days. I hate it when boat waves cause it to bang off the steering stops, it's busted the pin on the motor bracket a couple times.

Back