Toyota Tundra or Dodge 5.9 Cummins?

I have been looking at Tundra's for a bit, my F250 1997 diesel is getting close to 5oo,000 km

Thanks for input guy's,although most wanted me to keep the Cummins,I've decided the Tundra fits my needs better now.My neighbor's will be happy.I'll post the Dodge in the for sale forum next week when I have time and can come up with a fair price.

Ok more important what does the wife say ? or was that asked already. Happy wife well you know how that goes lol Tundra all the way don't look back.

A smart wife would say keep the dodge..you are never going to sneak home late at night after a few or more with the boys...and say I must have got in just after you dozed off!! lol

I had a 1997 5.9 Cummins, was always there for me and I babied it, trans, 12 valve, beauty truck, 99000 on it when purchased in 2010.
My wife wanted an SUV so we bought a 4Runner,and I figured I was set for life.
2 months after the big Toyota purchase the Dodge was stolen and never recovered, and I’ll never get over it.
Never.
March 22 2017, 2:34 pm, New Westminister Scott Paper FYI.
Yeah, stolen while I was working.
I bought a 2017 Chev Silverado 1/2 ton and have had nothing but issues, from new so far a starter, trans rebuild, and a myriad of other things including rain coming from the headliner. It’s been in for more warranty work than anything I’ve ever owned combined.
We rented trailers every summer and I don’t trust this thing to blow a family vacation.
I wanted to get a Tundra but couldn’t afford it, kicking myself now more than ever for not bucking up and just getting another diesel, hindsight I should have just held out for another used Cummins.
Have had no issues with the Toyota, a common story.
My vote keep the Cummins.
Just thought I’d share.....

I think cabin fever/ bored got to me yesterday and I made a rushed decision on buying a new used truck,a 2012 Tundra Platinum 4x4 crew cab w/91Kms.I have had a 2001 Dodge 2500 4x4 club cab for many years (159Kms)with the 5.9 Cummins that I had no plans to sell so I upgraded everything in the last couple of years.New trans,stainless 4" exhaust,batteries,heater core etc..Now that I've got 2 trucks I hate the idea of selling my old dependable Dodge that I know would last me till I'm too old to drive.I have to sell one or the other and would of course lose my tax $ on the new Toyota ,so I'm tempted to keep it.What do you Toyota owners think? I know I'll have no trouble selling the Dodge,I have 2 people a year average ask me if I'd sell it.
The Tundra is as new also,but buyers remorse has set in.

my friend just had exact same story.....I had to check your profile to see if it was him. He just traded in his dodge diesel for a tundra....... he loves the 2019 Tundra. I have a 2018 and love it.
Your wallet will thank you, oil changes and brakes and that’s about it.
I had a 2011 Duramax between tundras, when I had a camper and boat...... 160kms and no problems except DEF tank changed under warranty.......

Back