Too much transom weight on Kingfisher Discovery 2025

My boat is a 2007 21 thunderjet luxor offshore. In canada they are a chinook. The new ones have a better hull design and will ride better. Make sure you take a look at the fuel tank size. My buddy runs a 20 foot weldcraft and his tank is pretty small. Also get suspension seats and trim tabs . You will be good to go.

My boat is a 2007 21 thunderjet luxor offshore. In canada they are a chinook. The new ones have a better hull design and will ride better. Make sure you take a look at the fuel tank size. My buddy runs a 20 foot weldcraft and his tank is pretty small. Also get suspension seats and trim tabs . You will be good to go.
It depends what model you get and options you go with on the Weldcrafts. They have fuel tanks from 42 to 65 gallons for models around the 20-22' size. The Thunderjet Luxor has a 48 gallon tank according to the website.

If you are buying new you can custom rig the boat how you want unless you find exactly what you want in one they have set up already. Prob the same with Thunderjets or Weldcrafts.

I have 48g tank and I have never had a problem but I don't fish way offshore or for tuna.

I have owned may aluminum boats and my stabicraft is stiff my favorite, but it's not a open bow and maybe you want that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya ive never had a problem with 48 gallons. The weldcraft i was referring too is within a couple years old and has a 150. Seems like he is always packing jerry cans. Maybe its the way he drives it though

Ya ive never had a problem with 48 gallons. The weldcraft i was referring too is within a couple years old and has a 150. Seems like he is always packing jerry cans. Maybe its the way he drives it though
Yup when I first got my boat I ran to my fishing spots wide open throttle whenever the water conditions let me. I learned pretty quickly to back off and find my motors sweet spot as to where they get the best fuel economy. For me if I run at 4000 rpm cruise I burn about 40% less fuel for the same distance traveled! :eek:

Nice looking rides. I believe the original poster of this tread is from Eastern Canada. So may be a fair dollar too transport across the country. But who knows for the right boat it might be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice boats everyone, has anyone seen these discovery 2025 extended transoms, how low did the transom sit? Some dealers say they sit underwater some say the ride a few inches above water.

Keep in mind when looking at photos or the boats themselves. That they will sit noticeably higher in salt water then in fresh water they will also run a bit slower in fresh water then saltwater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 2425 Experience. A bit bigger boat than you are looking at but...... Transom is above water a few inches with a 200 Yamaha. Hulls are very efficient and provide a very smooth ride. Cuts through the chop with incredible performance. A thunderjet of the same size requires 25% more power for the same performance and not near the ride.

Back