Tollycraft 26

sasqman

Crew Member
Looking for anyone that has personal experience owning these boats.
Looking to go wider and heavier and these seem to be a fit.
Any insight would be great. Handling / Fuel Burn / Motor set up?

Thanks

Paul

Thanks

Paul
Been on one podded with a 350 yamaha, probably would be enough power with a 300. Fuel burn was around 26 or 27 l an an hour if I remember correctly, at cruising speed.

I have 1983 Tolly 26 inboard, well built heavy boat handles rough water well. In tight areas hard to manoeuvre as the rudder is small, not a lot of thrust to turn the boat, in reverse it walks side ways which can make it tough to park. it takes some getting used to. I have a 454 Crusader and the gas consumption is about 4 gal per hour at 7 knots. It will plow through the water at 14 knots but the gas consumption would be out of site at that speed.

I live in Ladysmith if you want to take a look.
Mike

Thanks

Paul
The beam and weight of a boat is in direct correlation to fuel burn

Been on one podded with a 350 yamaha, probably would be enough power with a 300. Fuel burn was around 26 or 27 l an an hour if I remember correctly, at cruising speed.
Thats pretty decent. Figured it would be around the 10 gallons per hour at crusing speed. Any picks of the boat/pod?

The beam and weight of a boat is in direct correlation to fuel burn
Absolutly does, there are just so many different configuraqtions of power on these boats.
Trying to gage which option seems to seem the best.

They were built with a few different power and drive options.I'm an outdrive hater (sorry outdrive guys), so I wouldn't consider buying one with outdrives and twins is double your trouble.I don't think they built them with straight shaft drives (I could be wrong) but that would be my first choice and then V-drives.How much do you want to spend on fuel? Single or twins? Good luck finding one with outboard power,that's a rare bird.

Back