Tofino turd squid

R

Reef Runner

Buddy was showing me one, he said they were hot acouple years ago over there. They are the size of a cuttle fish but no fins on the side and the mantle is fairly long, body was brown with black spots on one side then fading to clear on the other side. Trying to find a place to buy them.

Method Marine Supply in Tofino special orders them in.

They have always been real killers but you've got to leave it out there and have faith. I've caught more 40 + Springs on it than anything else. It's also dynamite trolled deep as the Halis LOVE it. I've caught Halis on it 60 ft off the bottom. :D

Can someone post a photo?

Thanks!

Jim's Fishing Charters
www.JimsFishing.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sushihunter250

jfc_banner-2009-01.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Fishtofino

Method Marine Supply in Tofino special orders them in.

They have always been real killers but you've got to leave it out there and have faith. I've caught more 40 + Springs on it than anything else. It's also dynamite trolled deep as the Halis LOVE it. I've caught Halis on it 60 ft off the bottom. :D

x2 - they work and they are an exact match to the opal squid...which explains why they are deadly for both Chinook, Hali and Lings when trolled near the bottom.

Go see the guys at Pacific Net and Twine, they can supply you with the right ones, they know what we fish out there.

Searun

th_067.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Barnacle Bill

X2, would like to see a photo, also what is the lenght of it and what size hook on this Turd?........BB

I got some in the arsenal, stop by some time for a beer and Ill give you one.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

theres a pic of them on the pacific net website / they seem in short supply but theyre on order

lordofthesprings

Back