Tofino Fishing and Camping or Uculet?

Saltwater Cowboy

Hey everybody, I'm branching out to a new area to fish this June, last year we tried winter harbour but this year I want to bring the family and we have two little kids. So I thought Tofino has great fishing and great camping and beaches and lot's of stuff for the wife and kids to do. So here in lies my questions.... It has been ten years since I've been to tofino, so where is the best place to camp with services for my tent trailer? Are the ocean view and ocean front sites really windy at Bella Pacifica? We don't really like camping when you can't relax because of the wind wipping through our site like at China Creek! That said is it better to fish out of Tofino or Uculet in the thrid week of June? Where should I moor my boat? Any advice on areas to try? Is there any areas that produce that are protected for taking the kids out for a few hours a couple of the days, they want to catch fish though or they are bored! Thanks for the help and any other tid bits of info you might have to help the trip be a success!

SWC

I would probably go to Ucluelet. Island West has Camping up on the hill behind the Marina and has hookups. You can either moor at the Marina or the Public Dock is also just as close. I would suggest mooring at the Marina... as the Public Dock can get a little crowded, but the 3rd week of June you're probably okay! Fishing has been good to me in the past with lots of protected areas. Salmoon I would try Southbank - about 5 miles offshore. Kids I would take to either Big or Little Beach and it is a short run to the Broken Islands, which is very protected once you cross the channel. Well worth the trip! Take the kids and let them discover their own island!

If you want more info on Tofino, send me an e-mail to jay@tofinofishing.com

Likely a better option for your family needs...

Bella Pacifica and Crystal Cove are both good options for you to camp with reservations a must.

Fishing is pretty well the same during that time of the year for Tofino/Ukee.

Jay

Back