Throttle Positioning

Finished Business

What say you on the position of your throttle controls? Installing new power soon and I have a choice of the forward binnacle mount or the side mount. Pro's and con's members may have found?

Cheers

-FB-

I like to have the throttle where it is in my hand while my elbow or arm is resting on an arm rest or just in a comfortable position so that it is natural to have your hand on it while cruising.

I say install your seats first, sit and find a comfortable position, I think your arangement will suit a side mount best, prob not far off from where the original was...I would find the comfy position while in gear(forward) with some throttle maybe half way?? and arm on the rest...this is where u want the best control, as you are on plane smashing waves and feathering the throttle...

I was thinking a side mount would be best for those exact reasons, arm on the rest feathering through the chop. There is a forward mount in the boat I normally fish, and on those long runs to the banks or for tuna, the Captain's wrists are hardly fishable. I need to make some seat boxes asap!!

x2 on the side mount controls for cockpit driving. If you're standing most of the time, such as with a rear helm station then the other style are the best choice.

Back