This NOT a suprise!!! :-(

When the pension checks come his hand will be out.

You're right no one on the North Island should be surprised. This guy was a pathetic waste of time before the last election and still is. How he got relected is beyond me? His recent shocking incompetence as Indian and Northern Affairs Minister boggles the mind.

When will people learn? If you vote for a party that is corrupt and pro-big business at the expense of the environment and has a proven record of not giving a **** about wild fish and fisheries then this is what you get!

WAKE UP PEOPLE, STOP VOTING THEM SAME OLD CORRUPT POLITICIANS AND PARTIES IN POWER. IF YOU WANT CHANGE THEN VOTE FOR PEOPLE AND PARTIES THAT ARE MORE SUPPORTIVE OF THE ENVIRONMENT AND WILD FISHERIES!!!

Unfortunately the average voter tend to cast their ballots with their wallets in mind.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadavotes2011/#/300

How pleased with themselves must be those Green Party supporters who managed to Vote Split off sufficent votes to Elect a Cabinet Minister of a Government that is now systematically working to water down or outright destroy federal environmental legislation including Fish Habitat, and limit the funding of Environmental and Conservation Organizations to make sure they have less power in the future.
A few sport fishing votes could have also made a difference.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadavotes2011/#/300

How pleased with themselves must be those Green Party supporters who managed to Vote Split off sufficent votes to Elect a Cabinet Minister of a Government that is now systematically working to water down or outright destroy federal environmental legislation including Fish Habitat, and limit the funding of Environmental and Conservation Organizations to make sure they have less power in the future.
A few sport fishing votes could have also made a difference.

Absolutely right Rockfish. If ever there was a time for strategic voting, it was the North Island riding. The NDP asked for the Greens to look forward , but the ego of the lady (and I use that term loosely) that was such that the Green candidate refused to hear it. Well Duncan won by approx 2000 votes. Guess what?? Thats the number of votes the Greens got.

And as far as us sportfishers ???? --- we fell for a "promise" from Harper to make everything right if we voted for his boy..... And to think that I voted for Duncan when he first ran.....stupid, stupid, stupid..............................

And to think that I voted for Duncan when he first ran.....stupid, stupid, stupid..............................

No kidding, but that's politics for you. Have you had any opportunities to address your disappointment with Duncan personally? He's not a popular fellow these days.

If you want nothing done,John Duncan is the man for the job.
The NDP has a new leader is it possible to hope for a new direction in politics or just another package with the same contents?

[h=2]Council of Canadians announces support for legal actions to overturn
2011 federal election results in seven ridings
[/h] Ottawa – The Council of Canadians announced today that it is supporting applications under the Canada Elections Act by individual Canadians seeking to overturn federal election results in seven ridings. The ridings are Don Valley East, Elmwood-Transcona, Nipissing-Tamiskaming, Saskatoon-Rosetown-Biggar, Vancouver Island North, Winnipeg South Centre and Yukon. The legal actions to annul results are based on evidence of irregularities, fraud and other activities which affected the outcome of the elections.

“It's a sad day for Canadian democracy that we have to take this action,” said Garry Neil, Executive Director of the Council of Canadians. “In response to the survey we launched earlier this month, thousands of Canadians reported about widespread dirty tricks. We believe the evidence demonstrates that the voter suppression campaign affected the outcome in at least the seven ridings in which we are supporting applications.”
“In the week before the election I received a recorded telephone message stating that, due to higher than anticipated voter turnout, my polling location had changed,” said Peggy Walsh Craig, an applicant from the riding of Nipissing-Timiskaming. “When I first got that call I was confused and thought it was from Elections Canada. It was only only a few weeks ago that I realized the call about the change in polling location was fraudulent. While I was able to vote, it is clear that many others in my riding received these misleading calls and this has affected the outcome of the election.”

“The right to vote is fundamental to a democratic society and one guaranteed under Canada’s constitution,” said Steven Shrybman, a public interest lawyer who is legal counsel to the applicants in this matter. “The Canada Elections Act gives effect to that right by empowering electors to seek a court order restoring that democratic franchise where it has been fraudulently or illegally taken from them.”

“We still do not believe this is the final installment in the robo-calls affair. We look forward to finding out exactly what happened and who is responsible. As part of this effort we continue to invite Canadians to share their experiences with us,” concluded Mr. Neil.
http://www.canadians.org/media/other/2012/27-Mar-12.html

Looks like we may get our wish to get another crack at voting for or against this guy.
This should be interesting.
GLG

Back