This is where my ferry fees go!

Yup... I personally don't mind employee bonus' like these its the executive bonus' that **** me off. Should be great for the economy to offer a bonus that must be spent too that's a lot of dollars flowing through those stores and local rec centres etc.

Consumers do need a break at the ticket window too though its getting too expensive and I hate their rate structure where a family if 6 in a mini van pays more then a single car and driver IMO we should pay for the vehicle only all occupants ride free. This encourages car pooling and would result in an increased price for a single car with 1 or 2 occupents and decreased price for everyone else.

All BC residents should get a discount, do away with the cards they have for the minor routes and give all residents the same discount on all the routes. We subsidize the ferries with our taxes and still pay the same fare at the gate as the tourists. In other words it's cheaper for out of province residents because they only pay once.

I think the idea is if they help the employees get healthier then they will be more efficient and not be out sick as much. Its not even a debate, its been proven that physically fit employees are more cost effective then unhealthy employees. The smartest companies in the world pay for their employees gym memberships, some even building gyms in office building. Healthier staff at BC Ferries should reduce costs in the long run.

If you want the ferry to be cheaper then look at the top, that's where your money is going - not some small fitness perk.

Why am I nuts? What BC ferries needs is a kick in the pants. The best way to do that is to allow competition. I think the trucking industry is already doing it. Everytime I leave the river in the morning to go fishing I see a barge with maybe a hundred trucks on it heading west. The only place it can be going is the island. If I had the option to travel on a barge with no amenities to the island I would with no question use that service over BC ferries.

Why am I nuts? What BC ferries needs is a kick in the pants. The best way to do that is to allow competition. I think the trucking industry is already doing it. Everytime I leave the river in the morning to go fishing I see a barge with maybe a hundred trucks on it heading west. The only place it can be going is the island. If I had the option to travel on a barge with no amenities to the island I would with no question use that service over BC ferries.
Stay over there ... the island is full ... and keep all the riff raff over there with you

I dont see that a $300 fitness bonus is a big deal, they stated their compo cost's were down to 800,000 from 3.3 million.. making the employee's healthy saves alot of money in the long run. Maybe F.A. can put it towards that bigger bradley smoker he was after :)

High Five if you are talking about the passenger ferry that went Nanaimo to Vancouver i can tell you what happened there..many people became sick on that boat , it cooked it's own goose.. i would rather go on the zipper ride at the fair blindfolded then take that puker boat again..:p

Irony intended? The trucking industry is massively subsidized by you and me. Their only direct contribution to their infrastructure is highways fuel tax and registration fees, the vast majority of roads maintenance and building funding comes from individual taxpayers. 80% of the damage to roads being done by 10% of the vehicles and they still cry about the price of fuel. Meantime rail pays for 100% of its own infrastructure but still gets crucified by media every time there's a derailment (there's an industry crying out for a PR makeover).

This sounds like the Lower Mainland Transit Authority. They need more money from the burdened taxpayer to Pay for all the Executives, Experts, Raised Rail Lines, Private Police Force of Early Retired and Municipally Pensioned Ex Cops on their Second incomes approaching 100k/yr. The funny thing is that they are not looking at the Bus or transit rider to pay they want the car drivers to pay. I can't wait for the promised referendum. Enough is enough.

Irony intended? The trucking industry is massively subsidized by you and me. Their only direct contribution to their infrastructure is highways fuel tax and registration fees, the vast majority of roads maintenance and building funding comes from individual taxpayers. 80% of the damage to roads being done by 10% of the vehicles and they still cry about the price of fuel. Meantime rail pays for 100% of its own infrastructure but still gets crucified by media every time there's a derailment (there's an industry crying out for a PR makeover).

very nice ;)

Funny have not heard from any employee that has received this.... But I have heard its a taxable benifit..... :(

Interesting the the employees are mentioned in this article for up to $300 but not the managers that rumour has it received $11,000. Guess that's for their golf club memberships or seasons tickets to the Crapnots.

Back