This Drives Me Crazy...

Dave H

Being retired gives me lots of time to muck about with things I like and one of those things is monitoring a local creek with which I have a relationship.
It's formally named Haig-Brown's Kingfisher Creek, to differentiate it from numerous other "Kingfisher Creeks and runs through the Haig-Brown property after the two branches join just above the road.
Randomly I'll walk up above the Beaver ponds to check the bifurcation structure which turns the normal flow of water down into the creek channel that was constructed in 1999, and yesterday was one of those times.
This is what I and pal Peter found.

DSCN1463_zps7107e6c3.jpg

Someone had put no small amount of effort into hauling stuff to the structure to be used to plug it up.
I have to presume these were youngsters as it's hard to imagine an adult doing something as dumb as this but you never really know.
Knowing a storm was soon to be upon us Peter and I set to work cleaning it out temporarily as it needs some more work to fix it properly and when we had finished it looked much better.

DSCN1465_zpse92b0aab.jpg

I despise senseless vandalism in all its forms, but this is just stupid and they better hope I don't catch them at it.
I can be a big meany if need be.

Take care.

I think the steps taken to remedy the situation is the proper medicine. Kudos to you and your friend. :)

I have to presume these were youngsters as it's hard to imagine an adult doing something as dumb as this but you never really know.

We'll hope it was just kids. Thanks for taking care of it, Dave.

Good on you ---- and not just for this effort, but for all the times you have walked this creek and watched over it. There are too few having to do too much.

No thanks required as I usually enjoy my creek mucking about, except for days like yesterday of course.

Now if I could only figure out how to have salmon and Beavers co-exist a bit better I'd be totally stoked.

Take care.

Back