1st Edition books and fly fishing gear up for sale. (make a fair offer)

yowser46

The Caddis and the AnglerLarry Solomon & Eric Leiser
$35.00​
1st Edition 1972 Excellent shape
Fly Dressers' guideJohn Veniard
$8.00​
4th Edition 1970 Excellent
Selective TroutDoug Swisher and Carl Richards
$15.00​
Softcover 1971 1st Edition Good
Salmon Flies Their Character, Style & DressingPoul Jorgensen
$35.00​
Hardcover 1st Editon 1978
American Nymph fly tying ManualRandall kaufmann
$10.00​
5th Printing 1985
Dressing Flies for Fresh and Salt WaterPoul Jorgensen
$15.00​
1st Edition 1973
Stoneflies for the anglerEric Leiser & Robert H. boyle
$45.00​
1st Edition 1973
The Master and His FishRoderick Haig-Brown
$40.00​
1st Edition1981
The Master on the Nymphj. Michael Migel & Leonard M. Wright Jr.
$25.00​
1st Edition 1979
Fly Tying MaterialsEric Leiser
$20.00​
1st Edition 1973
Masters on the Dry flyJ. Michael Migel
$10.00​
Stoeger Sportsman Library 1978-1st Print
Lee wullf on FliesLee Wullf
$40.00​
1St Edition 1980
Tying and fishing The Fuzzy NymphsE.H. "Polly" Rosborough
$35.00​
3rd Edition 1978
The Living RiverCharles E. Brooks
$35.00​
1st Edition 1979
Bright Waters, Bright FishRoderick Haig-Brwon
$50.00​
1st Edition 1980 Excellent
Blue Ribbon BowJim McLennan
$100.00​
1st Edition-1987 Excellent Signed by author
Steelhead Fly fishing and FliesTrey Combs
$20.00​
1st Edition 1976-Excellent
Flies of the NorthwestInland Empire Fly Fishing Club
$10.00​
4th Edition
Fly Fish The Trout LakesJack Shaw
$25.00​
1st Edition 1976-Excellent
The River WhyDavid James Duncan
$5.00​
Bantam Windstone Edition, March, 1984
Misadventures of a Fly FishermanJack Hemingway
$20.00​
1st Edition 1986

I have a Ray MacPherson Custom made 9 ft. Two (2) piece Fly rod with Custom made additional butt for fly fishing the Spence’s Bridge, Cowichan River and the Dean River Steelhead! I received this fly Rod Back in the ‘70’s and it was a much-appreciated gift from my late brother, Richard. My brother ordered one custom made Rod from Ray/Larry for each sibling! I was born in Kamloops and we lived down the street from his fishing shop. I met Ray and his son Larry MacPherson and knew them both! Larry often assisted his father, Ray, in building the MacPherson rods. I have the original cloth bag PLUS an aluminum custom made protective tubular Rod case. It is in great shape plus I do have a Hardy Brothers Marquis 2 Saltwater II reel plus two (2) extra spools in excellent shape to pair with this rod. I have fly fished many of the Kamloops lakes in pursuit of the Steve Raymond’s elusive “Kamloops Trout”!

I have enjoyed my fly fishing experiences and I have had the pleasure to enjoy exchanging my views with my mother’s next-door neighbours, the late Peter Tollhurst and Jules Blume (of Peter Hope Lake). I learned to tie his Jules Blume Dragon Fly nymph off Jules while he operated the Peter Hope Lake lodge. I have the original Western Angling formerly Western Fish and Wildlife December/January 1976 Fishing magazine featuring an article on Jules Blume’s famous-nymph pattern.

I also have a complete fly-tying setup which includes many of the various types and sizes of Mustad hooks (from 24 to the large 8x) that I used to tie Poul Jourgenson Atlantic Salmon patterns. I also many Orvis breast hackles plus many other collectibles.

I was employed by CPAir and enjoyed my airline employee benefits and thus fished many of the fly-fishing meccas of the world. I was based in Calgary for 10 years and I really enjoyed my time on the Bow River. I am in possession of an autographed copy of the “Blue Ribbon Bow by Jim McClennan. I frequently dropped in to the Orvis Shop in Calgary and learned about the great fishing spots on the Bow River from the masters!

I also have many 1st Edition Hard Cover fly fishing books that I have collected over the years. I am available to send you a list and photo of the 1st edition reference books. The books are in very good shape.

I also have an original H. V. Thornton Gyotaku print of a Coho Salmon Salmon aka “Oncorhynchus” in the original picture frame when I first purchased this original print on Saltspring Island on one of my many day-trips to Fulford Harbour seeking the elusive Sea run Cutthroat Trout!

I am offering my mostly fly-fishing collection and you may reach out to me via e-mail at yowser27@hotmail.com for a complete list and prices. I am not selling the collection at bargain basement prices as most of my collection is vintage and very collectable.

Respectfully fully submitted,

Keith J. Yow

PS I have retired from my very enjoyable, conservation minded fishing career and thank you for granting me access to your fly-fishing forum.

Last edited:
Back